what kind of parent buys tabacco and alchol and has sleep overs and allows teens to have sex?

they have daughters ages 12 and 14....they do this then wonder why the oldest is skippin school to have sex....they have pics posted of young teens making out and them under covers and they appear to be naked with comments from some of these teens were" thanks for letting us break in your sofa lol" that was posted by a girl who was 15, also have pics of these young teens smoking and drinking..and they act like they are parents of the year...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:01 PM on Mar. 28, 2010 in Just for Fun

• UUMMMM, is'nt underage drinking still against the law or am I missing something here?

I was an unsupervised teen in the early 70'sand wow I'm not even gonna go there. 

good luck. I homeschool my 13 yr. old ds because a boy was asking him if he could come to boy scouts and get a blow job. 

i choose what is safe these days, we have hundreds of predators near us.

It is our job to protect our children, C'mon people step up.

writeon

Answer by writeon at 4:31 PM on Mar. 28, 2010

• That is a little odd, but my parents did tell me when I was 12 and my brother was 14 that if we wanted to drink, go to the fridge and get a beer, or mix yourself a drink from the cabinet, just don't go drinking outside of the house. I think it was a great policy. They started buying my brother different beers to try when he was 16 because he asked. I chose not to drink until I was 21. I plan on giving my daughter the same policy.

However, buying tobacco... No. Not happening. I'll tell her about what it did to her great grandpa. That was enough to scare me. Sex... Well, there's only so much you can do. I'll tell my daughter it's best to wait, but if she's going to do it, let me know so I can get her on BC and also make sure she has condoms because I don't want her to get an STD or die of AIDS like her great uncle did. I wouldn't however, allow other teens over to have sex on my couch.
    Anonymous

• Sounds like my STUPID mom
    Anonymous

• There's nothing you can do about it. The only thing that you can do, is to make sure that you're a good mom to your kids and teach them right from wrong.
    clhadley

Answer by clhadley at 4:17 PM on Mar. 28, 2010

• My kids aren't that old yet. By my DH and I have already talked about these things. IF our teens wish to use tobacco they may, however, they have to pay for and purchase it themselves - we will not buy it for them. IF our teens wish to drink alcohol they may do so in OUR house only and they may not provide it to friends who's parents we do not know and anyone drinking (including our kids) must hand over the keys before their first drink! We see nothing wrong with teens having sex, it's perfectly natural. However, we acknowledge that like any other activity, there are risks. So our children have already started their sex ed. We will always provide them with protection and make sure that they have all available options available to them. We will also be making a very strict rule about NO SEX if she's under 16 (which is the age of consent here) simply so that her parents can't press charges.

Open and honest is always best!
    Anonymous

• Anon :07, you think that was a great policy? Can i ask, did your brother or you ever get in any trouble in regard to the drinking? Ever get sick, miss school or work? Just wondering bc i know parents who have this policy and now their child is an alcoholic. Just wondering. And i'm sure you're aware that it's illegal to provide alcohol to minors.
    mouse1085

Answer by mouse1085 at 4:19 PM on Mar. 28, 2010

• Some parents were brought up the same way and see no qualms with letting their children do it.
    Other parents just don't know how to put in that control, so they just let it happen.

Sounds like these parents think it's okay. They were most likely brought up in the same type of environment.
    Personally, I would call CPS on them.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 4:23 PM on Mar. 28, 2010

• mouse1085, no we never did. I would try sips of drinks, so I never had enough to get sick or even tipsy, and my brother never got in trouble with it or got sick and missed school. And unlike so many of the kids in our school, we never went to school hungover or got into drunk driving accidents. There is a huge difference between letting your kids try alcohol and letting them get stone drunk on a daily basis. And I know the "law" crap. But I do feel that it is crap if the minor is your child (I would never give someone else's kid a drink) and it's in the confines of your own home.
    Anonymous