nail polish in carpet!

How do I get nail polish out of carpet?

Heidikans

Asked by Heidikans at 4:07 PM on Mar. 28, 2010 in Home & Garden

• Gasoline or nail polish remover.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 4:12 PM on Mar. 28, 2010

• my daghter spilt some once and i tried nail polish remover and i worked like a charm but it depends on the type of carpet you have. i have a cream colored carpet and i worked just fine if not resolve is a very good stain remover.
    mom2b23869

Answer by mom2b23869 at 4:13 PM on Mar. 28, 2010

• ok so i guess i cant spell now excuse me i meant daughter
    mom2b23869

Answer by mom2b23869 at 4:14 PM on Mar. 28, 2010

• Rubbing alcohol and hair spray, no really it worked for me. It all came out and it was BRIGHT pink:) Try reading this.
    http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_do_you_remove_nail_polish_stains_from_your_carpet
    Luuckymommy

Answer by Luuckymommy at 4:21 PM on Mar. 28, 2010

• Try nail polish remover first and if any color remains in the fibers get a stain remover that's sold at Home Depot called FOLEX. It works wonders on most stains...we use it in our carpet cleaning business. If all else fails professional cleaners who do "repairs" can cut a small square shaped hole out of your carpet where the stain is and replace it if you have any remnants and it will look seemless.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 2:17 PM on Mar. 29, 2010