misgrouchy pants

Thiers this lady at church that never smiles at me she always stares at me and when I look at her and smile she doesnt smile back. She looks like she has something against me all the time it just bugs me. I'm not gonna talk to her especially if she is gonna be unfriendly. What do you do when someone does this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:35 PM on Mar. 28, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Mayabe she has other issues on her mind from home? Just being friendly to her will help her and encourage her. Keep being nice.
    ptomom678

Answer by ptomom678 at 4:36 PM on Mar. 28, 2010

• theres one in every church,i think it might be due to the fact they got baptized in lemon juice
    BUSYLOVINGHIM

Answer by BUSYLOVINGHIM at 4:42 PM on Mar. 28, 2010

• I would go up to her and ask her how she is doing. Maybe she needs a friend.
    JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 4:43 PM on Mar. 28, 2010

• What would Jesus want YOU to do?
    Did you KNOW He came to help those that are sick , not those that are well? Become friends with her, get to know her... most of all pray for her and speak blessings into her life! Sounds like she needs to know how much God loves her! Perhaps you are the vessel to do so and calling her misgrouchy pants is NOT a good way to start :-)
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 5:02 PM on Mar. 28, 2010

• LMAO got baptized in lemon juice HAHAHA thanks or the laugh :)
    rhanford

Answer by rhanford at 5:04 PM on Mar. 28, 2010

• Well personally I would go out of my way to be nice to her. When you are old you suffer greatly from all kinds of things: death of spouse, loneliness, bitterness, resentment. Half the time they just need to know that they still matter to someone. You will never know what is wrong or how to help her until you reach out. JMO Yahweh bless

Daphna28

Answer by Daphna28 at 6:02 PM on Mar. 28, 2010

• That's actually how people always treat me, because problems with facial expressions and staring (to figure out social interactions) are very common among those of us on the high end of the autism spectrum. And even if she is not on the spectrum, some people have other social issues, or just other issues, and for whatever reason just may not be very smiley people. So I know what "normal" people generally do to those of us who aren't very smiley...you ignore us and insist we are bitchy or rude, often within earshot; you harangue us about smiling while demanding to know what's wrong when nothing IS to the point where we end up beyond frustrated and are angry then; and then when we try to suit you with a smile, you get pissy and huff "I mean a real smile" and then get mad and stomp away. (You is you general, not you specific, OP.) Some people get treated like crap no matter what they do, so it takes them time to warm up.
    roachiesmom

Answer by roachiesmom at 7:10 PM on Mar. 28, 2010

• Daphna, you don't have to old to suffer from those things you mentioned.
    roachiesmom

Answer by roachiesmom at 7:11 PM on Mar. 28, 2010

• Well, since I am more of an in-your-face kinda person, I would simply ask her if she has a problem. And, no, I don't mean go up to her and say Hey, you got a problem or something? I mean, be nice and ask her if you have done something to offend her and if so you would like to apologize. It's really not that hard to do. And, you may end up being pleasently surprised by her response.
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 7:29 PM on Mar. 28, 2010

• how do you know she has anything against you? she could simply be unhappy in general... you know, saying something kind to her could open up some doors. JMO
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 9:54 PM on Mar. 28, 2010