coughing and pregnancy question

I am 26 weeks pregnant and have the worst cold that I have had in a while. I am hacking so hard my body hurts. I also cough to where I can't breathe. My DH cause it the engine cough, bc I sound like an engine that won't turn over. Anyway could I cough myself in premature labor? Has anyone ever heard it happen? The thought never occurred to me till someone made a joke about it the other day.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:21 PM on Mar. 28, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I don't think you can cough yourself into labor, but you can cough til you pee.
    Anonymous

• Unfortunately I have already figured out the peeing part lol
    Anonymous

• Use a humidifier at night, and drink some chamomile tea with honey to try to soothe your throat and stop the cough. You can't start labor by coughing.
    Anonymous

• No. I have asthma and bronchitis. When I was pregnant, I couldn't take anything. I just coughed and coughed until I puked. Have fun!!
    Anonymous

• While the coughing can be quite annoying, you should be fine. I asked the same thing when I was pregnant last year and my sister just asked me a few days ago. You're not alone <3
    amberdawnbarr

Answer by amberdawnbarr at 5:33 PM on Mar. 28, 2010

• You should be fine. I agree you can pee from it ( very annoying) I am noticing a pattern here tho, there is some anon obsessed with biscuits and gravy.

Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 6:03 PM on Mar. 28, 2010

• I had bronchitis with 3 out of my 4 pregnancies and could not stop coughing, especially at night. I never went into premature labor with any of the boys....i had them all at 38 weeks just fine. My OB prescribed cough syrup with codine in it to ease my cough. Ask your OB what they suggest you do. BTW...my baby was not harmed by me getting relief.
    Anonymous

• My doctor will only let me take Robitussin DM, which does nothing for me. I have begged him for something else. They gave me a z pack and told me to take mucinex. But will not let me take anything different on the cough syrup.
    Anonymous

• Mix equal parts honey (anti-bacterial) and cayenne pepper (anti-inflammatory).

Answer by rkoloms at 6:33 AM on Mar. 29, 2010