How long do you have to sue?

How long after what you believe to be a medical malpractice is done do you have til you file a suit against it? Is there a set time limit? Like 2 yrs after an incident?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:40 PM on Mar. 28, 2010 in Money & Work

• Check your state statutes. You can google it. Sometimes it's only 1 yr but check for your state

Answer by admckenzie at 5:41 PM on Mar. 28, 2010

• I do belive it is 2 years.
    I had to sue over med mal but I went right away.
    rochellecole

Answer by rochellecole at 5:42 PM on Mar. 28, 2010

• Well I have just been debating on whether I should or not. I am not a sue happy person at all but it's about the birth of my son. The doctors could have fully prevented my sons premature birth and therefore prevented most if not all my sons health issues. We are drowning in my sons medical bills and most can be directly related to his prematurity.
    Anonymous

• 2 yrs
    mxmtaylor

Answer by mxmtaylor at 6:04 PM on Mar. 28, 2010

• It depends on your states statue of Limitations for a certain events....However, the best NEWS!!! I can help in both departments!! I represent a company that Has PRE-PAID Legal memberships and Identity Theft protection and YOU CAN HAVE A MAJOR PT Business catch up on all of those bills for sure and have a Legal services for 36.00 a month to completely help advise and guide too!.
    If you are interested message me and we can talk!
    Happymom2-2

Answer by Happymom2-2 at 9:25 AM on Mar. 29, 2010