If you were granted a divorce in the courtroom...

it was granted in November-but haven't received divorce deceee, am I divorced -if I wanted to get married-is that possible?!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:00 PM on Mar. 28, 2010 in Relationships

• My divorce was 13 years ago, but I seem to remember waiting for the decree to be filed by my lawyer. It wasn't offcial until that step was completed. Most states have a law requiring X amount of days between a divorce and a new marriage. At the time of my divorce, the law in my state was 60 days.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 6:03 PM on Mar. 28, 2010

• Some states you have to waita certain amount of months
    awelling

Answer by awelling at 6:03 PM on Mar. 28, 2010

• depends on your state... here in Californiathe day the court says its final I can remarry. I do not believe you have to wait for a piece of paper.
    Its between the time you file for a divorce and the actual court date that you have to wait.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 6:08 PM on Mar. 28, 2010

• Just in case-my soldier deploys in August
    Anonymous

• My step dad was divorced at one courthouse and he and my mom walked down the street to another courthouse and got married and this was all in the same day 13 years ago.
    coala

Answer by coala at 6:26 PM on Mar. 28, 2010

• The Judge signed it and I walked to the Clerk's office with the original and they made a certified copy of it for me then. Check online at your county clerk website. You can go get a copy or maybe order one online.

Answer by admckenzie at 6:53 PM on Mar. 28, 2010