What is a good way to put my 9 month old to bed?

My 9-month old has usually fallen asleep during his last bottle, or been very drowsy and fallen asleep after i put him in his crib. But it has been a while since I last was able to put him in his crib and he would actually fall asleep. Now that he can crawl and pull himself up on the side of the crib, thats all he does in his crib if hes not already asleep! I know im not supposed to put him in there completely asleep because then he will never learn, well more like re-learn, how to put himself to sleep. Any advice on ways you put your children to sleep is welcome! thanks!

kristen_renee3

Asked by kristen_renee3 at 6:06 PM on Mar. 28, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• This is tough but he'll learn to crawl back down and self soothe. I put that aquarium thingy in there with the sounds and lights and it distracted my kids.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 6:11 PM on Mar. 28, 2010

• I put my LO to bed at her bed time. What she does until she falls asleep is up to her. If she bounces around and plays I am okay with that. She will eventually go to sleep. I would put him in there and let him figure it out. If he can pull himself up he can let himself down. He will get tired and eventually go to sleep. Just hang in there. They eventually learn that their bed is for sleeping and not playing.
    coala

Answer by coala at 6:23 PM on Mar. 28, 2010