Obama's Health Care has additional costs for small businesses?

A requirement tucked into the nation’s massive health care bill will make calorie counts impossible for thousands of restaurants to hide and difficult for consumers to ignore. More than 200,000 fast food and other chain restaurants will have to include calorie counts on menus, menu boards and even drive-throughs
--------
http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5iXEgwDxFvwY87DuJizvav-WDpMIAD9EK6HA00
--------
While talking to the mgr of Davanni’s, a local pizzeria-sandwich restaurant with 20 stores around St Paul, it was learned that they will now have to comply with this mandate. It will cost Davanni’s approximately $200,000 to comply with the new mandate — just to start. Every menu change will require Davanni’s to have the new or modified items re-analyzed, which means that Davanni’s will probably NOT be adding new options for their customers for at least a few years.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:14 PM on Mar. 28, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Have you talked to small businesses in your area to see how they will be impacted?
    Anonymous

• Welcome to big nanny state government.How much more ridiculous can it get?
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 6:19 PM on Mar. 28, 2010

• fast food restaurants SHOULD disclose calorie counts more.
    Sorry for the small businesses though, that sucks.
    brookebella

Answer by brookebella at 6:20 PM on Mar. 28, 2010

• Cha ya know what?? We own small businesses in five different states... I AM NOT CONCERNED!! It's not going to bother us one way or another Hon. Who cares/???????
    Anonymous

• Wow, 200,000, why does it cost so much? Maybe that should be tucked into the healthcare bill too, that the government should make it free for small business restaurants to do the calorie count thing. That's so wrong.
    Anonymous

• The way I feel brook is if someone cannot decipher for themselves that a greasy filled clump of food is going to be fatty then something is wrong..common sense has left the building.NY is trying to ban salt in resturants..LOL ..this is what we get when throw away our good common sense and think the government needs to carry us cradle to grave.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 6:28 PM on Mar. 28, 2010

• when we throw away*
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 6:29 PM on Mar. 28, 2010

• tnmom, understand this. I do not support this bill. I have my reasons (that are logical and rational) for not supporting it. I was only saying that fast food restaurants should be a little less shady about the calorie contents. And I do think that totally sucks for the small businesses. This just isn't one of the more important reasons for not supporting the bill. :)
    brookebella

Answer by brookebella at 6:31 PM on Mar. 28, 2010

• My reasons are all logical and rational as well brook.I do not see the problem with pointing them all out.Iyo is isn't of any importance.My opinion may be different.I stated mine above.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 6:35 PM on Mar. 28, 2010

• I thought that fast food places ALREADY did this. If it is not printed on the box, wrapper, or sack, there is a web address to go to in order to find the info. It is already out there if you really want/need to know. Personally I am sick and tired of the government assuming that I don't have the sense God gave a goose! Give me a break! I know that unless I get a salad, I am getting a meal full of fat & calories! Why does it need to be posted everywhere, when the info is already available!??!!??!!

But then, why do I expect that this admin will ever do something that involves common sense?
    29again

Answer by 29again at 7:03 PM on Mar. 28, 2010