Where do I go to complain about the ER in My City about the Hospital?

They are making very, very Il patients wait up to 1-4 hr waits. I about flipped out when this older man who was about 70-80 yrs old fell off something and split his head open blood dripped all over the ER when people were waiting they had about 13 patients, and another guy had kidney stones kept screaming, one man screamed in so much pain screamed! It take s alot for a man to scream, 2 women threw up blood from swine flu, and 2 bumbs in there for an major issue, what would you do? My Client waited for 3 hrs He's diabetic and could had an heart attack waiting.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:09 PM on Mar. 28, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• It happens it is the ER. In Vegas you were looking at a 8 - 9 hours wait unless you came in with the ambulance.
    In OKC you would wait 5 -6 hours in a SMALL hospital because everyone goes to the hospital for everything these days.
    All you can do is complain to the hospital about it.
    Odds are the will " file" it and forget about it.
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 7:13 PM on Mar. 28, 2010

• Did you see the staff sitting around doing absolutely nothing? Were there empty beds on the entire floor? I cut my leg open when I was 10 and had to wait 4 hours to be seen. There had been a multiple car wreck on the freeway, and triage decided the risk of me bleeding to death was slim compared to the people who could potentially die. I was in pain, but some patients are more critical than others.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 7:14 PM on Mar. 28, 2010

• Since you said "my client" I'd go back to the place where you work, or where your client is from and start there. There is probably a complaint department at the STATE level of the Dept of Public Health. If you want to contact me, I'll try to help you figure it out. But very sad to say, that sounds like a pretty normal e.r. to me. And I've been to them plenty of times with my family and as a nurse.
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 7:14 PM on Mar. 28, 2010

• :( just wait until Obama care goes through
    Anonymous

• It sounds like a normal ER to me... Unless there is a baby involved, a patient will wait 6-10 hours as long as an ambulance doesn't bring anyone in. And that's normally with 6 people in the ER waiting room. Get this, DH had a really bad reaction to a migrain injection in his home kit and couldn't walk, we puking, he lost use of his hands and kept blacking out. I called an ambulance and when we got to the hospital one of the staff members told me "when you call an ambulance it takes 2 of my medics off the staff, only call in an emergency!" If my husband went through spurts of being unable to breath isn't that an emergency??!?! Pretty much, we avoid the ER and call the dr who always gets us in within 4 hours.
    I know to complain about the ER here, you talk to patient advocacy. For a while the airforce hospital refused service to army spouses and family and that was where we went to fix this problem!
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 7:25 PM on Mar. 28, 2010

• Could have been worse....if you were at the University of Chicago Medical Center while MICHELLE OBAMA was employed as the VP of the Urban Health Initiative, your patient would have more than likely been DUMPED to another hospital in order to free up space for the PAYING customers!!!

http://www.suntimes.com/news/politics/obama/1122691,CST-NWS-hosp23.article

LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:28 PM on Mar. 28, 2010

• If people who have no insurance didn't use the ER as a doctors visit, we could take care of those who really needed to be seen.

:( just wait until Obama care goes through W E L L --------

ER visits should actually be shorter, but what do I know, I'm just an ER trauma nurse.
    Rnurse

Answer by Rnurse at 7:47 PM on Mar. 28, 2010

• ACTUALLY, Rnurse: "A study by the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation found that the insured accounted for 83 percent of emergency-room visits, reflecting their share of the population. After Massachusetts adopted universal insurance, emergency-room use remained higher than the national average, an Urban Institute study found. More than two-fifths of visits represented non-emergencies. Of those, a majority of adult respondents to a survey said it was “more convenient” to go to the emergency room or they couldn’t “get [a doctor's] appointment as soon as needed.” If universal coverage makes appointments harder to get, emergency-room use may increase."

Continue for link

LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 8:06 PM on Mar. 28, 2010

• LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 8:07 PM on Mar. 28, 2010

• OBOMA Care sucks, and he isn't a true faithful man to our Country like everyone thought he was, he hasn't done half of what he said he would, I could see lie under lie with him. It sucks
    Anonymous