How soon after you had your baby did you start having sex again?

The doctors say to wait atleast 3 months but with my first we only waited 2 and I was fine. However I have totally lost my sex drive and as soon as babys here Im hoping to get it back so the sooner I can have sex the better for me and hubby. How soon do you think is ok?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:57 PM on Mar. 28, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• The first time, we tried after the 8 week period suggested by the dr, but I was too nervous and we ended up waiting like 6 months. The second time, probably like 3 months because I wasn't as scared of my stitches and scar tissue busting.
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 7:59 PM on Mar. 28, 2010

• We only waited 2 weeks
    awelling

Answer by awelling at 8:05 PM on Mar. 28, 2010

• it was a few months...i think we tried after 6-8 weeks..dont remember exact..but it was uncomfortable and we didn't finish...i wanna say it didn't feel right til 3 or 4 months with my daughter..i think with my son, as it's been kind of a painful pregnancy...im gonna wait 5 months!!
    oogiesmommy

Answer by oogiesmommy at 8:06 PM on Mar. 28, 2010

• 3 months?? I never heard that. Most docs say 6 weeks.
    Dh couldnt wait that long it was 4 weeks
    rochellecole

Answer by rochellecole at 8:08 PM on Mar. 28, 2010

• We did at 3-4 weeks postpartum...I had a c-section, so it didn't bother me. I was WAAAAAY in the mood, like, the day we got home from the hospital, 'cause I was so NOT the last 2-3 months of my pregnancy.
    Wheepingchree

Answer by Wheepingchree at 8:09 PM on Mar. 28, 2010

• Wow no wonder husbands cheat
    Anonymous

• I waited 4 weeks. They never told me when I could start again, they just said when I felt comfortable. It didn't feel right but we worked through it=]
    Marix3

Answer by Marix3 at 8:17 PM on Mar. 28, 2010

• OP.... husbands cheat sweetie cause they have psychological problems, is your husband cheeting on you. Why else would you say that. Oh and my doctor told me 3 months so I have never heard of the 6 weeks befor but good to know.
    Anonymous

• I do again when my bleeding has pretty much stopped, which for me is around 3 weeks postpartum.

And for the anon who thinks that a man cheats because his wife who JUST HAD HIS BABY is bleeding, sore, healing, exhausted, still hormonal and vulnerable, and maybe for a few weeks or *god forbid* a few months focusing on nurturing and nourishing *his child* and just trying to cope with life herself has obviously only dealt with the sorriest excuses for men possible. Men are not rutting animals with no love or logic to them. They are human beings capable of reason and compassion, and of sucking it up and being a husband and a father, even if their immediate sexual needs are not fulfilled on demand. A real man does not view his partner and the mother of his child/ren -- in her most vulnerable state -- as nothing more than a masturbatory aid. A real man cherishes her, and adjusts to the fact that sometimes, she needs his tenderness.
    Collinsky

Answer by Collinsky at 8:31 PM on Mar. 28, 2010

• We had sex when *I* was ready to, and Dh is very respectful of my needs, even if that means stopping to try again another day -- healthy sex in a committed adult relationship is about WAY more than ONE partner's ejaculation. It's about connection and showing love to each other in a physical way. If it comes down to being about one partner's selfish need to be satisfied at the expense of his (or her) SO's comfort, well-being, and enjoyment... then that is not love, and it's not healthy. :-( Particularly if the threat of infidelity is used to control the behavior of the postpartum mother... that's abuse.

Anyway -- you can have sex once your bleeding has stopped and any birth injury/stitches have healed *AND* you feel ready. (Some women don't feel the need to wait until bleeding stops.) Some women are ready at 2 days, others not for months! Go slow, and lube can help as you may be dry because of the hormones!
    Collinsky

Answer by Collinsky at 8:41 PM on Mar. 28, 2010