In YOUR Opinion...

What is death? What does it mean?

Is it the end or a new beginning? Or is it just a transition?

And is it always a bad thing??

Asked by SabrinaMBowen at 7:58 PM on Mar. 28, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Death is only for the physical body....it happens when your heart stops....you are not able to breath and your brain no longer functions.

Death means a new beginning for ones soul...a new journey, new lessons, new body until the soul reaches total enlightenment.

No, death while it can be tragic is not always a bad thing....it ends a lot of needless suffering.
    anetrnlov

Answer by anetrnlov at 8:11 PM on Mar. 28, 2010

• I don't think it's a bad thing, unless it's the sort of bug I don't want in my house...then it's good. lol

I actually see it more of a step between two different places. You could call it two lives, two planes of existence, or even two dimensions. I have memories of past lives, so this proves to me that reincarnation could be the norm for some people. *she said - opening a can of worms*

But I will agree that not everyone will agree with me on that point, I've met other Pagans that don't really believe in multiple lives. To each his own, that's what makes us different. How boring would life be if we were all little carbon copies of each other?
    daisy521

Answer by daisy521 at 8:17 PM on Mar. 28, 2010

• I think it depends on the person's life. I beleive a person sleeps in the grave until Jesus comes.
    jamesmommy12

Answer by jamesmommy12 at 8:20 PM on Mar. 28, 2010

• What is death? The ending of life on a physical plain.

What does it mean? Nothing

Is it the end or a new beginning? Can be eaither depending on the indivisual

Or is it just a transition? I beleive for most it is

And is it always a bad thing?? Not really if a serial killer dies is that bad?
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 8:21 PM on Mar. 28, 2010

• Death is when your body ceases to function. It is final. Nothing to be afraid of or fear nor is it bad. It simply means you have lived your life.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 8:23 PM on Mar. 28, 2010

• Your body dies when your heart stops beating and/or your brain stops. The rest is up to your personal beliefs... because we really don't know what lies on the other side.
    Anonymous

• Death is the end of life as I know it now. Whether it's anything more than that...I'll just have to wait and see.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 8:31 PM on Mar. 28, 2010

• Our soul leaves our physical body, hopefully we go to Heaven, but I believe some of us are sent to Hell.  I don't know exactly what happens, it's up to God.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 8:38 PM on Mar. 28, 2010

• Death is the end of my life in this body.
    My energy/soul/spirit will live on and continue somewhere in the universe either til I gain a new body with which to experience new things and learn new things or until my energy becomes one with the universe and helps do whatever the universe needs.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 8:53 PM on Mar. 28, 2010

• Death is when your heart stops and your body is no longer functioning, but I have so many times wonders what happens to a soul. I can't comprehend a life just ending at the time of the body's death, because the soul still lives on. I battled with all of these questions when my dad died unexpectedly, I could not accept the fact that the life of a great man could just go puff and be gone, there has to be more. I beleive it to be some sort of transition, I refuse to beleive that it all goes away with the death of a body, there is so much more to the person than just the physical body!

Answer by older at 8:55 PM on Mar. 28, 2010