What are the limits

What can a mother or parent do when their child is hurt or beat up by another child in day care. What is acceptable? Can you say something to the childs parent? I know its silly to confront the child. But what can be done. I will have my first child in september and want to know that to expect.

Queentdi

Asked by Queentdi at 8:41 PM on Jun. 26, 2008 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I think that it is completely ok to confront the parent of the bully. You are your child's protector and advocate until they are adults themselves. Also I would talk to the teacher about the situation.
    Mrs.Chase

Answer by Mrs.Chase at 8:48 PM on Jun. 26, 2008

• A decent daycare or child care provider, will do everything in their power to prevent something like that from ever happening. Make sure to do some research and visit the facilities. Also call the local child protection agency and ask if there's been any complaints filed for that particular daycare.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 8:59 PM on Jun. 26, 2008

• As a former preschool teacher I strongly suggest going first to the teacher to be sure she is aware of the situation and so that she can keep an eye on things.
    kmc624

Answer by kmc624 at 2:59 AM on Jun. 27, 2008

• i work in a child care and we watch the kids good this never happened and if a child does something wrong we correct it at the center and there are privacy laws we are not aloud to tell one parent about another child. if a child pushes another and gets hurt there are incident reports that are filled out but there are no names on them
    jaes347

Answer by jaes347 at 4:20 PM on Jul. 1, 2008

• About the privacy laws... So how is a parent supposed to trust that their child is well protected if you are not allowed to tell the parent that their child was bullied. Parents have the right to know EXACTALLY what is going on when they put their trust in you to take care of their most treasured person. That is exactly why I am a SAHM!
    Mrs.Chase

Answer by Mrs.Chase at 1:32 AM on Jul. 3, 2008