is his support too much to ask for?

maybe im going about this the wrong way. my husband works nights-11pm til 7 am. i have to go tomorrow for a steroid shot in my L4 and L5 discs (i have degenerative disc disease-lucky me at the age of 22). i have a huge phobia of needles. i just feel like he is not being supportive. he is not going with me to get it done-im having a friend take me. i just feel like he is making it out to be no big deal and dont understand why i am so freaked out. am i being overly dramatic? what should i do? i try talking to him about it but he seems to get frustrated with me about it and i end up feeling guilty for wanting him to be there with me. am i wrong? Please help me! *extra info-he just got home from deployment so our communication has been super crappy anyway. :(

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:00 PM on Mar. 28, 2010 in Just for Fun

• guys don't understand sometimes when females feel insecure about something and most of them aren't very empathic. Imo i think it would be better to have a friend take you if your guy isn't really supportive so you can have the support you need ,if you make him come he going to resent being there and he is not gonna be much help. and after you get your shot then and feel better push the issue
    symle456

Answer by symle456 at 9:16 PM on Mar. 28, 2010

• IDK, mine is almost home from deployment, and he will want to be with me when he's home. So, IDK what to tell you. Our hubby's are way diff. I had a spinal tap last Tuesday, Thursday went to the ER cause I couldn't get out of bed. I had to have a blood patch. Last night I had to go back, and got an IV with meds in it. So far, so good. Hubby isn't home, but if he was, he'd have been there every time. I don't think you are asking for too much. I think your hubby needs to realize that your emotions are still running abnormal, too, from the deployment. And this health issue isn't helping. Added stress is just that, added stress. Unfortunately, you can't make him open up, trying to will make him close up even more. But you can be direct, and tell him exactly what you feel, and what you want from him. Then leave him to do it or not. You can't make him, but if he knows what you want, you got a better chance of him doing it.
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 10:01 PM on Mar. 28, 2010

• under normal circumstances, hubby is super supportive. i guess he doesnt understand how real my fear is. its not something i can control. we did talk and he is going to tell his first shirt whats going on so he can go with me tomorrow. our communication is still really rough right now so maybe i wasnt expressing my needs so that he could understand them. i took a long hot bath and thought and told him exactly what i wanted from him but at the same time i told him how guilty i feel asking for things like this from him since everything in our life is so crazy right now. thank you so much ladies. i really appreciate your advice and responses. ....ugh why do things have to be so hard when they come home!?!
    Anonymous