5 weeks pregnant, empty sac, had sex again. HELP!?

Okay, so i'm 5 weeks pregnant. I recently went in for an ultrasound and obviously its a really early stage in the pregnancy so its normal not to see the baby yet. All we could see was what looked like an empty sac. So that could mean in a couple weeks I can hear the heartbeat and all that. But, I've been researching and the options are that could happen since there is an empty sac is miscarriage, a viable pregnancy, or a blighted odom. But, theres no sign of miscarriage at all so right now i've just kept that checked off my list. I haven't really felt pregnant at all really so i'm thinking it could be a blighted odom. Me and boyfriend had sex and he did cum in me, so if it was to be a blighted odom would I become pregnant again or would everything just stay the same? Or could it cause another pregnancy next to the blighted odom. I'm really confused. Please HELP ME?

HelpLilMomma

Asked by HelpLilMomma at 9:08 PM on Mar. 28, 2010 in Pregnancy

• That was rude and uncalled for.

OP, You ARE pregnant so the sex will have no effect. Good luck and I hope things work out for the best!
    Marix3

Answer by Marix3 at 9:18 PM on Mar. 28, 2010

• My cousin thought she was pregnant she has the symptoms and everything and getting bigger, but when she went to get an ultra sound they told her she had an empty sack. There was never a baby at all, just her body believing she was pregnant. So it is possible this could be happening to you.
    Cappy1979

Answer by Cappy1979 at 9:34 PM on Mar. 28, 2010

• Okay, ignore the rude first comment. A blighted ovum is an empty sac, but for all intents and purposes your body will still believe you are pregnant because the hormones usually still produce for awhile. Therefore, you wouldn't have become pregnant again from having sex because you are not ovulating. If it is a blighted ovum, you will likely be either made to have contractions using meds or have a D&C to remove the sac and extra tissue. At which point, you will likely bleed as with a normal miscarriage. 4-8 weeks after a miscarriage is generally when an ovulation would occur. Do NOT do anything to try and bring about a miscarriage sooner, since you COULD still be pregnant. Sometimes you can't see the baby that early. Good luck!
    ErinHill226

Answer by ErinHill226 at 9:41 PM on Mar. 28, 2010

• what erin said. you can't get pregnant when your body thinks it's already pregnant.
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 10:09 PM on Mar. 28, 2010

• i'm 26 weeks right now and I had a US at 5w6d and all I could see was a sac and nothing else! The dr or the tech will usually know what to look for and if something is wrong but that's not saying that nothing could end up being wrong i'm just telling you that at only 5 weeks there really isn't anything to see and if they felt a need they would have you get a more complex US done!! I wou ld just wait and see what happens but I don't think you can get preggo if you're producing the hormone that tells your body that you're pregnant!!!
    AshleyG.

Answer by AshleyG. at 11:37 PM on Mar. 28, 2010