Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Question Regarding Custody??

The babys father isnt around because he's in jail. I want to know if I can file for emergency custody of my newborn daughter. I dont trust his family and I feel that they are very sneaky... Advice please??

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 9:09 PM on Mar. 28, 2010 in Just for Fun

Answers (6)
  • They cannot take custody from you unless they prove you are unfit. It never hurts to make custody official though.

    Answer by admckenzie at 9:12 PM on Mar. 28, 2010

  • i would make custody official, but i dont see how you would have anything to worry about.

    Answer by aly38914290 at 9:16 PM on Mar. 28, 2010

  • regardless of how sneaky they are, unless you've done something to get your baby taken away, they simply can not do so.

    Answer by ObbyDobbie at 9:24 PM on Mar. 28, 2010

  • I would file at the court house for custody to be on the safe side.
    Good luck!

    Answer by mommymeg03 at 9:31 PM on Mar. 28, 2010

  • If it's not too late (unless you've already given his name to your OB or otherwise), just don't have his name put on the birth certificate. Say you don't know who the father is.

    ORRRR......Go to the courthouse and file a restraining order against the dad and his family..... to a family lawyer to see what your options are. Consultations are usually free. :)

    Answer by Anonymous at 9:54 PM on Mar. 28, 2010

  • they made me sign for the birth certificate and all that at the hospital before i left....if she has a newborn....that means she has already left the hospital and taken care of the birth certificate....

    it also doesn't sound like she is trying to keep the father away from the child.....nor would that be right unless the father will cause the child harm. no matter how much we dont like the other parent, they have rights to their children as well....and it is wrong to lie like that....

    just go to the courthouse and file for sole custody since he is in jail. you can do it without a lawyer....i dont know exactly how, but its doable.

    Answer by Anonymous at 10:16 PM on Mar. 28, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.