baby due a week before my 10 yr HS reunion... should I bother?

I was planning on going with my DH to my highschool reunion. We didn't get to go to my husbands, it was too much money and he prefered to go to mine (we are hs sweethearts). Well, now we are pregnant and are due on the 10th of sept. This is my 3rd baby, and i really doubt the baby will come late, although its possible. Also, I'm wondering if its ok to take a newborn to a hs reunion? they are planning a low budget party, really low key it sounds like. Also, we live the next town over.

Precious333

Asked by Precious333 at 9:47 PM on Mar. 28, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I wouldn't take the baby, but this is just me. I wouldn't like to leave the baby either, even with a trusted sitter. I don't think you'll want to expose the baby to the germs of a group of people, and they'll all be wanting to admire and breathe over and touch the baby. Perhaps you can go part of the time and leave the baby with your husband, and then he could trade off.

Answer by Bmat at 9:50 PM on Mar. 28, 2010

• A 1 wk old shouldn't be difficult to take care of at a reunion. If YOU feel up to it, then you should go. :) Just be sure to bring a change of clothes for you and the baby (just in case!) and like a papoosa or snuggly wrap for the baby. Newborns usually sleep REALLY good through those type of things. :) Good luck!
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 9:51 PM on Mar. 28, 2010

• yeah, if I were to bring the baby I would have the baby in the wrap the whole time. No one touched baby but hubby and I. Too soon to leave the baby too, not an option for me.
    Precious333

Answer by Precious333 at 9:54 PM on Mar. 28, 2010