I am fuming mad!!!!!!!!

I have almost 11 year old girls. they have met some girls their age in our apartment complex. Well, the girls will walk in groups to each others apartments ( its not a huge complex). They also like to wear pajama bottoms(which is the style). So, today, this lady comes to my door after making the girls tell her where we live, and said that they shouldn't be wondering by themselves, and if she had kids she would keep an eye on them all of the time. She couldn't believe that we let them wonder around without parental supervision in their pajamas. GEEEEEESH!!!!!!! What do you guys think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:47 PM on Mar. 28, 2010 in Tweens (9-12)

• Maybe she knows something about one of your neighbors that you don't. I would take it as she was looking out for the girls and not stay mad at her about it. As to their clothes, I wouldn't worry about it at all, she probably is just a prude.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 9:50 PM on Mar. 28, 2010

• I agree.. You shouldn't let 11 yr old girls wonder around by themselves. No matter what.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 9:51 PM on Mar. 28, 2010

• I feel like if you know where your daughter is and who she is with then she has no right to judge. If the apartments don't have some curfew then it is not her business.
    my2kids312

Answer by my2kids312 at 9:52 PM on Mar. 28, 2010

• I would ignore it so long as the girls arent wondering around alone with out a buddie. I wouldn't want 1 girls wandering around alone, but if they are together I think it is ok. And who cares what they wear so long as they are covered!
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 9:52 PM on Mar. 28, 2010

• if they're in groups i don't see a huge problem. as long as you know where they are "wondering" to. it's like not letting your kid play in your own backyard.
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 9:53 PM on Mar. 28, 2010

• when i was that age, i rode my bike around the block and such by myself or with my younger sister.....as long as you know your area and trust your girls....have established limits and such i think its okay.....although, i would tell them next time not to tell people where they live that they dont know no matter how persuasive they are.....that is scarey.
    aly38914290

Answer by aly38914290 at 9:53 PM on Mar. 28, 2010

• I don't think wearing night clothes outside is appropriate but I am old fashioned also. I lived in a apartment complex once and had a fat hispanic guy who would always sit on his porch in his boxers and a muscle shirt on. That is nothing against Hispanics or fat people. My husband is fat what bothered me more is he did not work and just sat on that porch all day and I could not even open my door because then he could look right in my house, which he did. I did not enjoy seeing him in his boxers.
    Anonymous

• Don't care about the trend, they shouldn't be wearing PJ bottoms out and about in the complex. But a large group of 3-4 girls together at 11, shouldn't be a problem at all.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 10:07 PM on Mar. 28, 2010

• I think the girls hanging out together is absolutely fine. At that age being around your home, with a group of your peers is very common. It is no different than my daughter playing with the other children on our block and "running" around the neighborhood. As far as the pajama pants go, that is your business. My 12 yr old SD tries to wear them all the time and sometimes she is even wearing them when I pick her up from school. Personally, I hate it and think it makes kids look trashy, but that of course is my opinion. I make her wear normal clothes at our house. If her Mom wants to let her wear pajamas around that is her business, just like what your daughter wears is yours.
    Anonymous

• I agree with sleeping beautee:)
    incarnita

Answer by incarnita at 8:25 AM on Mar. 29, 2010