The Perfect French Fry....does it exist?

We have been trying over and over to make the perfect french fry. Can anyone help me out on this?

clhadley

Asked by clhadley at 10:07 PM on Mar. 28, 2010 in Food & Drink

• As far as fast food I like Burger KIng's. Now as far as homemade. It is all in the seasoning. You have to just experiment and do taste test with friends. I like to use garlic powder, onion powder, pepper and season all. That is pretty much standard for my seasonings but I add others depending on what I am cooking.
    my2kids312

Answer by my2kids312 at 10:12 PM on Mar. 28, 2010

• Go to McDonalds? Lol, sorry. All I got.
    smarshy

Answer by smarshy at 10:12 PM on Mar. 28, 2010

• Oh yea there is this stuff called Complete Seasoning and it is so good. Try that . I got to get me some. lol
    my2kids312

Answer by my2kids312 at 10:13 PM on Mar. 28, 2010

• All I know so far is that it must be fried in peanut oil because the best I have ever had have all been fried in peanut oil. And freshly cut, not frozen is good too. I don't know about all the seasonings, that is personal preference. I just need mine to be right out of the fryer with lots of salt.
    truthteller0722

Answer by truthteller0722 at 10:18 PM on Mar. 28, 2010

• BURGERRRRRR KING! Best fries in the WORLD!
    Anonymous

• I do roasted sweet potatoes instead of standard french fries. They are sooo addicting!! If anybody wants the recipe...drop me a note,
    daisy521

Answer by daisy521 at 10:50 PM on Mar. 28, 2010

• sweet potato oven fries are yummy! if you want to do them the normal way though, you can parboil the cut potatoes before frying, or do a double dip (like they do in restos)
    toola

Answer by toola at 1:11 AM on Mar. 29, 2010

• Ok...not fast food...homemade is what I'm looking for. As for seasonings, I just wait til they are out of the fryer and in the bowl...then it's sea salt or Red Robin seasoning. The problem is that they are just too soggy and I like em crispy.
    clhadley

Answer by clhadley at 2:20 AM on Mar. 29, 2010

• I like the skin-on, fresh cut fries that some restaurants make.

I like my own homemade, oven roasted, skin-on fries (thick wedges actually).

I LOVE sweet potato fries!

I'm not big on fast food fries. I don't really care for the shoe-string type.

I like crinkle cuts that are fluffy inside and nice and crispy outside.

NikkiMomof2grls

Answer by NikkiMomof2grls at 10:24 AM on Mar. 29, 2010

• This is the recipe I use for the fries..I hope it gives me enough room here.

(big long string of cuss words) ok..so it won't let me do it. I'm going to do a journal post that anybody on the site can see. I've already gotten about 4 requests for it. They are fantastic, we roast a lot of different vegies. Carrots are great with this recipe too, just not as high a heat as the sweet spuds.

daisy521

Answer by daisy521 at 11:16 AM on Mar. 29, 2010