Go the ER or wait it out?

My daughter twisted her ankle while jumping in a funjump. At first she was just limping a little, but as time has gone by it has been swelling up, even after elevation and ice. She is also running a low grade temp. Should I take her to the ER or just wait it out?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:14 PM on Mar. 28, 2010 in Health

• You can give her some motrin and take her in the morn. I'v noticed that er's generally take FOREVER like 5+ hours, then they ignore a lot of your symptoms and dont give you anything but a script anyways..and maybe a bandage if you're lucky!! I'd wait til morn if there's no urgent care clinic open. In my area, they usually close aroun 7. Just keep her comfy and try to keep her from moving it around too much just incase it is broken.
    oogiesmommy

Answer by oogiesmommy at 10:26 PM on Mar. 28, 2010

• Do you have an urgent care center? We have many in the city. The wait will be less and it's cheaper. Unually they are open 24 hours.
    BlooBird

Answer by BlooBird at 10:16 PM on Mar. 28, 2010

• Keep it up and call the Dr in the morning. Can she still move her foot? If so then it is not broken.
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 10:16 PM on Mar. 28, 2010

• U might as well wait till the AM, if you go to ER your going to wait till the morning to see the doc anyhow. ER's are SOOO slow.
    pinkcicle709

Answer by pinkcicle709 at 12:06 AM on Mar. 29, 2010

• Call the "ER and ask
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:30 AM on Mar. 29, 2010