Frauding Social Security??

If someone is getting social security disablility and is caught working off the books what happens and how long does it take for social security to investigate the accusation??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:18 PM on Mar. 28, 2010 in Money & Work

• You can work on disability. I forgot how many hours, but you can.
    BlooBird

Answer by BlooBird at 10:25 PM on Mar. 28, 2010

• Many people work while on social seccurity and some do work off the books,i'm sure.Now how this gets handled is not like a workman's compensaation claim.I would call your local office ask and report it.I know many people on it and it is not at all easy to get so it is not like welfare or something or where you claim you got injured through your job.They require tests and all kinds of things,so before you do this make sure your claim is legitimate.
    Anonymous

• *btw... I doubt anyone would investigate anything anyway. I had a relative on disability whose wife and kid were stealing all his money. We turned them in and nothing came of it.
    BlooBird

Answer by BlooBird at 10:26 PM on Mar. 28, 2010

• Added note: you can work on social security you can make so much per month.before they deduct your benefits or your not qualified anymore or they put you under review to see if you can remain on them since some people may improve or find a job that will accomidate there illness.
    Anonymous

• Agreeing with bloobird and other poster social security is not like the welfare office or workman's compensation so make sure if your doing this you have good cause.
    Anonymous