With my first child I knew I was in labor and would be having her soon...

It was early in the morning and i'd been having soem contractions during the night..but i was sleepy, so i just slept through them. By about 5 or 6 am that morning I got my "blood show" and I spent my day walking on the treadmill, and just walking around, rested a bit and didn't go to the hospital that night until they were about 5 minutes apart.
this time around with my second, I've had signs, but not the signs that mean I'm going to labor on any particular day. I lost my mucus plug about a week ago. I am dilated to 3 cm and i think 50% or more efaced. I get a lot of pressure down there. I get Braxton Hicks. My doctor is 4 hours away..I mean i'm 5 minutes from a hospital, but my obgyn is 4 hours away...{long story in itself}. I can have the baby at the hospital here, if things happen fast and I have a list of hospitals also all along the trip route. my question is, what are other signs?

oogiesmommy

Asked by oogiesmommy at 10:20 PM on Mar. 28, 2010 in Pregnancy

• How will I know if my water doesn't break? Everything about this pregnancy has been so different than with my first. For two months I've had pain in my pubic bone that interferes with me sleeping. It's gotton worse, sometimes it hurts to walk. I feel like my son could accidently stick a leg through. My doc gave me the option to be induced, but i want to let him come naturally. My daughter came on her own 4 days before due date..and my water didn't break with hher, so i doubt it will break with my son..but i wish it would so i would know..
    oogiesmommy

Answer by oogiesmommy at 10:22 PM on Mar. 28, 2010

• Signs of early labor are loose stools, bloody show, minor contractions, and of course your water breaking. I would just leave when contractions are 8-10 minutes apart. If you get there too soon than get a hotel near the hospital, take a warm bath and relax until you feel ready to go over.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:48 AM on Mar. 29, 2010