what is up with mtv 16 and pregnant?

When did it become cool to be a 16 year old mom

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:25 PM on Mar. 28, 2010 in Just for Fun

• ever watch it? it's not cool, which is the whole point of the show.
    BlooBird

Answer by BlooBird at 10:28 PM on Mar. 28, 2010

• I have watched it and only a couple were smart ones. The one I liked was the one who did the good thing and picked adoption.
    Most of them make it all fun and games. Same as their friends thinking it is nothing.
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 10:29 PM on Mar. 28, 2010

• i had a friend that had a baby at 13 years old. i dont think she thought it was a joke. I dont think mtv's purpose was to make it look like it was cool...but then again a lot of 16 year olds and their friends are still kids..and it is quite common, so a lot of people dont make a big deal out of it. Also, back in the day it was completely normal and accepted.
    oogiesmommy

Answer by oogiesmommy at 10:31 PM on Mar. 28, 2010

• Really? Because I don't feel like they make it seem "cool" at all! I watch this show with my 13 yr old son so he can see first hand how difficult it is to be a teen parent. MTV is not trying to make it seem anything but real.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 10:33 PM on Mar. 28, 2010

• You really have to follow up and watch "teen mom" too. That is when these girls lives really start falling apart. I watch every episode with my daughter and discuss it.
    BlooBird

Answer by BlooBird at 10:36 PM on Mar. 28, 2010

• i am 22 and love that show. They dnt portray the show as COOL more of like what the consequenses are when u have a baby. You should watch it :)
    lhernandez7208

Answer by lhernandez7208 at 10:37 PM on Mar. 28, 2010

• You should maybe, like, watch it.
    Anonymous

• turst me the show DOES NOT glamorize it in the slightest! I bet it makes teens scared to get preggo so early!!!
    AshleyG.

Answer by AshleyG. at 11:25 PM on Mar. 28, 2010

• I think that it shows other teens that there are other people that they can relate to. Maybe it will help other teens to not make the same mistakes.
    dawnsmommy

Answer by dawnsmommy at 12:22 AM on Mar. 29, 2010

• you need to watch it they show on how real it is to be a teen mom and what those girl go through on a day to day bases, no way do they make it look cool
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 12:41 AM on Mar. 29, 2010