Wouldnt this make you mad too?

* First I would like to say, I know alot of people's MILs dont even talk to them, or dont even want to see the kids, etc... I am grateful for the family we have, that being said I am still very upset over it !

We only get to visit my MIL like every other week ( we live in different towns). Her only "young" grandkids are mine ( 1&3) , and then the next ones up are 7 & 10 ( who she sees everyday).

To put it bluntly nephew and neice are rotten brats. They are the type who will get $1000 spent on them ( by MIL) and then cry 5 minutes later saying they never get anything they want ( this has literally happened) .

Anyways since we cant go down there for Easter, we basically had like an Easter celebration there today. MIL showed us this HUGE kids easter basket she won at Bingo ( not the cheapy type, but one that had alot of toys that you can tell was worth some money ) and when I say showed us I mean *continued*

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:31 PM on Mar. 28, 2010 in Just for Fun

• rest of the question is where???
    Anonymous

• me, husband, and the kids...Obviously when my kids seen the Dora and Thomas ( the train) stuff they got excited especialy when she said they would be getting the majority of the stuff ( in their baskets from her) . Well then neice and nephew seen the stuff and threw a huge fit about it... and so they got to keep it all !!!!!!!! Now for 1. seriously why does a 10 year old want Dora...2. as soon as they got it, it was not even played with. and 3. all she gave my kids was candy that they cant even eat ! ( most of it was things like jaw breakers)

My husband was like jeez mom, do you always have to do that....and her excuse was that they ( niece and nephew) dont know any better..........thats not even a reason !!!!!
    Anonymous

• I would be mad too. I would either A. Tell your husband he needs to have a talk with her or B. I would do it myself. Honestly A is the better option b/c if you are anything like me, it wouldn't would come out very nice;)
    amberdawnbarr

Answer by amberdawnbarr at 11:09 PM on Mar. 28, 2010

• I wouldn't even make time to visit her! And if DH says something, I would remind him of how she continueously makes your kids feel "less than" while your niece & nephew get "everything" (including gifts your kids were promised) ... hopefully your DH will take your (& your kids) side & either talk to his mom or agree to not to make time to go to his moms until she can start treating your kids as well as her other grandkids...
    I may over-reacting, but my own experience has been with my (ex) MIL would want my DD to visit her. I would agree, then my DD would come home so sick she would have to be hospitaized (sometimes up to 2 weeks!) - then she had the nerve to go hospital & cry like she was worried!! Come to find out that horrible woman was not giving my DD the meds I sent with her that her DRs gave her & THATS why she was getting sick. my DD hasn't seen my ex-MIL in a year & has been fine since :)
    So u & DH need to speak up! :)
    mom-to-3-kids

Answer by mom-to-3-kids at 11:27 PM on Mar. 28, 2010

• That sounds like something my own mom would do. When my 16 year old came over to her house for his birthday my brothers kids were there he was turning ten the cousin was turning five my son got a card cool ten dollars he was happy until he saw the mongoose the cousin got. He looked at me and tried to smile apparently he had helped put the bike together before I got there and they did not bother to tell him it was not his.

pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 11:38 PM on Mar. 28, 2010