to the people that say they "dont want to pay for other peoples kids"

how does this make you feel? If I follow your logic, you have essentially supported me my entire adult life. I am married to a former soldier turned cop, and you taxes pay his salary. You have paid for my medical care, food, vehicles and my kids.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:48 PM on Mar. 28, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Oh geeze just drop all of this!!!
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 10:49 PM on Mar. 28, 2010

• We don't begrudge those who have provided a service to our country or protected us from harm through our taxes. We do however, begrudge those who "get something for nothing" without giving back! There is a HUGE difference between the two. Your husband and your children are NOT part of the problem!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 10:50 PM on Mar. 28, 2010

• Wow. You seriously can't see the difference between taxes going to pay our soldiers and their families, and someone who has 9 kids on welfare?
    Anonymous

• what will you permit us to discuss, Mrs. Owen?
    autodidact

Answer by autodidact at 10:53 PM on Mar. 28, 2010

• What are you talking about? I said she needs to drop this. THis is a dead horse been beaten to many times. What the heck do you mean me permit you?
    Geeze grow up!
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 10:54 PM on Mar. 28, 2010

• while i see your analogy, I agree there is a difference. Your family has worked for the money your husband gets.
    mhaney03

Answer by mhaney03 at 11:01 PM on Mar. 28, 2010

• There's a huge difference.

Anonymous

• There is a big difference, your husband provided a service to our country and now provides one to the state or city.

He is the type of person we don't mind paying taxes for.

Not for the person who does not want to work or the women that has a bunch of kids that she knows she can't afford.

Natesmom507

Answer by Natesmom507 at 11:30 PM on Mar. 28, 2010

• Your taxes also pay for public education for school-aged children. So you ARE paying for other people's kids...even if YOUR kid goes to a private school. Sucks to be you, huh?

Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 11:42 PM on Mar. 28, 2010

• Fayalla, you missed. Paying for education, infrastructure, police, military etc.. Is acceptable use of my tax dollars. Paying for joe schmo and lame jane (and their half dozen kids) to have healthcare while they sit on their perfectable able, but unwilling, asses in front of the "boob tube" is NOT acceptable, yet we wil be paying for them too. BY FORCE.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:02 AM on Mar. 29, 2010