Has anyone read "The Yellow Wallpaper?"

I have to do an 8-10 page research paper on the story and can't seem to get into it. I was going to relate the story to PPD but not sure how exactly I could do that.

I need help with the intro, I'm sure I can get into it after that. Any ideas?

ArkTech

Asked by ArkTech at 10:58 PM on Mar. 28, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I read it, but it was years ago, so I can't really remember the details that well anymore. I remember that I liked it. And I think the overall theme was depression, so I think you're on the right track. Well I wasn't much help but this'll bump it for you anyway LOL. Good luck.
    ladiesnight

Answer by ladiesnight at 11:06 PM on Mar. 28, 2010

• I read this last year. I believe it also has an aspect of control as well as mental illness/depression as her husband won't let her do anything and she quite possibly feels that this is the only control she has over her life. She quite obviously needs help and wasn't getting it. She had just had the baby and wasn't allowed to really care for it or be around it from what I remember either.
    clarewillow

Answer by clarewillow at 12:20 AM on Mar. 29, 2010