when your immediate family eats out ...

who sits where? is this pretty standard or do you shake it up sometimes?

my daughter ALWAYS sits w/ daddy and my son ALWAYS sits w/ me. It's become an unbreakable tradition the kids are unwilling to experiment with whatsoever.

hibbingmom

Asked by hibbingmom at 10:59 PM on Mar. 28, 2010 in Food & Drink

• Because my left eye is prosthetic I prefer to sit with my left side facing into a booth or against a wall. My youngest son usually will sit beside me, but it's not written in stone, we mix it up.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 11:46 PM on Mar. 28, 2010

• My husband has to sit facing the room, or where ever he can see the most people. He likes to look around. I don't care where I sit.

BlooBird

Answer by BlooBird at 11:07 PM on Mar. 28, 2010

• We like booths. Since our girls are getting older the seating arrangement has changed. My girls sit side by side and hubby and I sit side by side. This is so nice! :) I had almost forgotten how it felt to sit beside him as his wife! LOL.
    NikkiMomof2grls

Answer by NikkiMomof2grls at 10:12 AM on Mar. 29, 2010

• I prefer booths, I feel more secure. I don't like to face bright light- it hurts my eyes. I prefer to be able to people watch. When we went out with the children, we usually sat at at booth with the parents on both sides and on the aisle side.

Answer by Bmat at 10:38 AM on Mar. 29, 2010

• We have no particular order. We try to match which ever child we expect to be most difficult with whichever parent is least exhausted.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:53 AM on Mar. 29, 2010

• Our two younger boys still live at home (18 & 20). My husband and I like to sit facing each other, and the boys fight over who gets to sit with me...yes they still do this, but I'm pretty sure it's just because I'm smaller and there's more room in the booth....and maybe because they want to be closer to my plate so they can snag my leftovers first!!
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 12:46 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• my husband and son are both lefties. we perfer booths so most of the time they sit together with dh on the outside
    kat1116

Answer by kat1116 at 3:16 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• we have 2 left handers so we always sit together so we don't bump anyone else and my youngest usually sits on the other side, so I can help her. That leaves oldest and most troublesome with dad always on the outside in case they need to make a quick getaway.
    luvschocolate

Answer by luvschocolate at 3:12 PM on Mar. 30, 2010