Does anyone dislike the attention of others while being pregnant?

I'm a private & shy person. I'm happy that I'm pregnant. I just don't like it when people are playfully teasing me cuz I'm eating snacks throughout the day or constantly asking to see my "baby bump." I'm 13 weeks pregnant with my first child. One cousin-in-law, who I don't communicate with, wanted me to put all of my pregnancy business on Facebook so she can see how big I become each month. A friend wanted me to send her a picture of my belly. I don't know if I am moody. I'm just curious if anyone else have experienced this and how have they cope with the unwanted attention.

Ebonydragon

Asked by Ebonydragon at 11:00 PM on Mar. 28, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I'm the same way, yeah I'll show my mom or sister my pregnant belly but I don't want everyone to see it, especially with my shirt up! I take pictures from the side too to see my changes month to month, but they're for myself not everyone to see. Just wait until you get bigger and people ask to touch it! Ugh, I hated when people asked to touch my belly with my first pregancy and this time around I'm still not going to allow it!
    Amanda704

Answer by Amanda704 at 11:03 PM on Mar. 28, 2010

• Yes and no. When I was pregnant, I liked the attention I got when people would hold the door for me, or let me cut in line for the bathroom, give up their seat so I could sit down, things like that. I didn't mind telling people what I was having or how far along I was, if they asked and that kind of thing either. But when strangers started coming up and asking me if I was having twins (I wasn't) and thinking I was like 9 months when I was only 6, or touching my belly...THEN I was not a happy camper. My family made some comments too like "oh your baby's gonna weigh 10 lbs by the way you eat!" or "you better quit snacking! you're gonna be sorry!" Comments like that really upset me. I actually left the room crying a few times. So you are not alone!
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 11:04 PM on Mar. 28, 2010

• I know how you feel. I hate unwanted attention and I am shy as well... with that said, you better get used to it because it will only get worse as your belly grows. Just enjoy yourself and DEACTIVATE your facebook!! People will be bugging you all the time. AND set boundaries about your belly because people will want to touch it and if you're anything like me you will NOT like that!!!
    kaylan010

Answer by kaylan010 at 11:05 PM on Mar. 28, 2010

• What I hate is people touching my belly like it's their belly. It has irked me with all of my pregnancies.

JAIRATRACI

Answer by JAIRATRACI at 11:06 PM on Mar. 28, 2010

• just depends on the person... ppl on facebook and myspace get sooooo nosy! i said i was sick one time and it ended up getting around to my college professor and she was like are you pregnant??? im like NOOOO why.. shes like my daughter said you've been feeling sick... im like WTF does that have anythin to do with pregnancy???!!!!
    bmdred

Answer by bmdred at 11:35 PM on Mar. 28, 2010

• I LOVED the attention Dh showed me, but as far as other ppl, No. I HATED when ppl would assume they could touch my belly just because... Who the HELL are you to touch me?... My belly is NOT public property! I used to get sooooo angry. Dh bought me a shirt that said: Rub me and get bitch slapped! <~~~~~ I wanted to wear that shirt everyday because when I did wear it, no one rubbed me!
    4xsthetrouble

Answer by 4xsthetrouble at 1:23 AM on Mar. 29, 2010

• I'm also a very private person and hate the attention from everyone, even hubby sometimes. I don't take pictures month to month and I have even asked others not to take pictures for the most part. It may sound extreme, but I DO NOT like being pregnant tho I love the end result. People say I'll regret not having the pics but oh well if I do. I strongly doubt I will miss pics of me looking like a whale. LOL.

It also doesn't help that my inlaws take pics of EVERYTHING, even stupid everyday things, and post ALL the pics on Facebook and whatnot for all the world to see. So especially with them I have to be a b*tch about no pics. Luckily no one has ever tried to touch my belly (other than my dad once or twice and he gets slapped, lol). I feel bad a little for my mom tho cuz I know she wants to feel my daughter move, but I figure she had her time when she was pregnant. This is my time and my body and I can be selfish if I want to.
    RoniV

Answer by RoniV at 12:37 PM on Mar. 30, 2010