Has anyone used Proactiv during pregnancy?

I've been using it for a year now and am currently 9wks pregnant. I have a dr's appt tomorrow so I can ask there, but has anyone used it throughout pregnancy?

mire621

Asked by mire621 at 11:03 PM on Mar. 28, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Yes. It is safe. Peroxide is the main ingredient in Proactiv I believe, and it is not harmful to a fetus. And not nearly enough is absorbed through the skin and passed through the placenta to cause any problems.
    Anonymous

• I'm using it right now and was wondering the same thing!
    bmdred

Answer by bmdred at 11:32 PM on Mar. 28, 2010

• i didnt use proactiv while i was pregnant, but i used a product called clenziderm or obagi, its main ingrediant is salicylic acid. i read all over the place not to use salicylic acid while pregnant, but then i asked my DR and she said it was fine and that she used it too, just not to use the masks or the toners, but that i could use the wash and so i did and my son is perfect & healthy
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 11:35 PM on Mar. 28, 2010

• I used it with my first pregnancy and and am currently using it with my second as well. No problems. The only issue for me was that it didn't work as well while I was pregnant. I don't think anything can combat those pregnancy hormones! My skin cleared up again after I had my son. It still helped though, just not as much.
    happymama2D

Answer by happymama2D at 9:07 AM on Mar. 29, 2010