I have a slight problem. I had sex with my ex boyfriend before I was with my husband. I got a short period in march and then never got one again, and now im not sure who I might be pregnant by...can you get a short period before you know that you are pregnant?

Asked by Anonymous at 8:47 PM on Jun. 26, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Unfortunately in this case, yes you can get a period and still be pregnant.

• Yes, you can get a period then get pregnant. Did you have sex with them weeks apart? Days? Hours? Do you know how far along you are? Maybe you ovulated after your short period. If not, then you may have an issue. If your due date puts the date of conception around the time you slept with your ex, then you have 2 choices. Tell your husband and get a paternity test or don't. It's up to you.

Answer by purvislets at 9:22 PM on Jun. 26, 2008

• The period i had before i conceived was only like 2 days long and it was only spotting. So that month i conceived. You can have a short period and than conceive. But also you can be pregnant and have a period.

Answer by ariannas_mama36 at 10:32 PM on Jun. 26, 2008