My almost one year old....HELP

Okay I <3 my DD to death she is almost one...and I have to let her go to bed sucking on a bottle and get up repeatedly thru the night to get her milk...which is like 5 bottles....HOW CAN I BREAK HER ! ? I know this cannot be normal please no bashing she is my first born so I am learning....HELP!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:08 PM on Mar. 28, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• ok well I've heard that you can start gradually watering down her bottles until they're just water, then wean out the bottles. you could also try pacifiers GL
    gypsymama532

Answer by gypsymama532 at 11:46 PM on Mar. 28, 2010

• UGH. Well most moms will tell you that the bottle should have never made it into her bed, BUT since your already past that point. I would gradually stop giving her refills. Since she is use to goig to bed w/ a bottle I would give it to her than, but after that Id let her cry it out. Shes obviously is using her bottle as a soother- maybe try turning on a classical cd & let her cry it out. :) I dont think watering the bottles down would hurt- milk formula is soooooooo bad for her teeth!
    pinkcicle709

Answer by pinkcicle709 at 12:03 AM on Mar. 29, 2010

• After you brush her teeth at night, she should only have water.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:05 AM on Mar. 29, 2010

• i think it actually is normal for a baby that age to wake frequently. my son did until he was one and a half. i don't know about the bottle, though, because i breastfed. i do think with bottles the milk can pool in their mouth and cause tooth problems, but i really don't know. there is a book called "the no cry sleep solution" that might have some ideas for you. good luck!!!!!
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 12:19 PM on Mar. 29, 2010