My almost one year old....HELP

Okay I <3 my DD to death she is almost one...and I have to let her go to bed sucking on a bottle and get up repeatedly thru the night to get her milk...which is like 5 bottles....HOW CAN I BREAK HER ! ? I know this cannot be normal please no bashing she is my first born so I am learning....HELP!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:08 PM on Mar. 28, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I don't know. My youngest son is 11 months and he goes to bed with a bottle but if he wakes up for one it's only once.
    JAIRATRACI

Answer by JAIRATRACI at 11:12 PM on Mar. 28, 2010

• wow thats crazy. my son is 10 months old and he doesnt really ever wake up for a bottle at night at all. he wakes up if his tummy hurts or something, but i dont give him a bottle. maybe you need a better bedtime routine.. everynight i give my son a warm bath with johnson & johnson bedtime bath help baby sleep better soap, and then he gets a massage with the sleep better lotion, he may have some more playtime depending on how hes acting, and then he gets a nice big warm bottle and goes to bed for the night. also, if she does wake up in the night, make sure you keep all the lights off, and tv off and keep everything quiet, no talking or playing so that she knows the difference between night and day.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 11:32 PM on Mar. 28, 2010

• My son is 18 months and goes to bed with his sippy cup. He rarely anymore, but sometimes wakes up once for more milk. If your daughter is requiring that much milk throughout the night, then she may require more food before going to bed. Make sure that she eats three harty meals throughout the day. Then maybe a light and healthy snack before bed. Also, it could be that she's not getting enough energy out during the day. Sometimes when my son has had a lazy day, he wakes up in the middle of the night restless and cranky. That's why I make sure he uses all of his energy during the day, so he's asking to go to bed when it is time.

Just make sure she is full and has used her energy and you should be okay.
    If it is a comfort to her, then maybe try and find something else that will comfort her and keep her asleep longer.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 11:34 PM on Mar. 28, 2010

• Well, don't feed her!!! They say after the first 3 mos, waking to eat is a habit. They do not need to eat every hour, in fact, it can be quite damaging and lead to obesity. You will have to slowly wean her off.
    Anonymous