OK Christians, can you give us a random act of Christianity? (inspired from another post)

I was responding to another post and thought of some of the small things I do or have been done to me that shows a Christians love

For instance, one day at Church I forgot to write my check. The man was very nice and patience and waited for me. He didn't get mad I slowed him down, he just smiled and waited. Once my daughter was holding a candle that broke and a lady behind us helped her out.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:20 PM on Mar. 28, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• well i moved to a little town in the middle of no where i met a family about my parents age well they were very very nice to us they have done lots of things to help us over the years to get settled the man tells everyone im his daughter and my son is his grandson and he treats us as such. well his wife decided to leave him and he is now disabled and i try to help him now as much as i can i go and help clean around his house and he has been having money problems so i took him a bunch of food i didnt need since im going outta town for awhile.

there is also a grandfather of a friend of mine that lost his wife and i used to babysit for him they had adopted one of the cousins children she is only 7 and hes in his 60 s so i tryed to help as much as i could going and helping him clean and get groceries ect..
    Anonymous

• We secularists call them random acts of kindness. They're not limited to Christians, in case you thought otherwise...
    ladiesnight

Answer by ladiesnight at 11:28 PM on Mar. 28, 2010

• A while back, our priest told us a story about a person who had a bumper sticker that said "think peace" she cut him off on the highway and flipped him off. We all laughed at the story but he had a good point to make as well. Not an act of Christianity, but a reminder if you are going to advertise it, at least act it out.
    Anonymous

• I think an act of Christianity doesn't just go for what we do for each other.

I helped a single mother in my apt complex with food, electric, and partial rent. For three months while she was unemployed. She was not a Christian, she practiced her Indian heretige and was a medicine woman.

I once broke down in an intersection, No one would stop even cops just drove past. I had my dd in the back seat. I did not know what to do. I prayed and prayed. To my surprise some one pulled up behind he was covered in tats and peircings. He pushed my car off to the side, and help me with it. When we couldn't get it started he wanted for my ride to show up. As he was leaving I said god bless you, he said thank you but I am atheist so I will just say have a fulfilling live. We laughed and he left.

You see any one can perform a Christ like act not just us Christians.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 11:33 PM on Mar. 28, 2010

• You see any one can perform a Christ like act not just us Christians.

At no point in time in this question, or ever in my life, did I say athiest cannot perform good acts. I asked Christians because I wanted to know how Christians show their love. You know the song, "and you will we are Christians by our love, by our love"

I wanted examples. Thank you so much for giving me your example of how you perform random acts of Christianity.
    Anonymous

• o here is one i recieved i was on my way to pick up SO for a 2wk leave i was about 8mos pregnant and my sister was with me well we were in Wy and we tryed to drive to cheyene and as we got closer is started snwing and betwn casper and cheyene there are limited places to pull over at one point it got so bad we couldnt even tell if we were still on the road well by the time we got to cheyene SO still wasnt there and we had no money so we called future FIL and he had a friend pay for us to get a room for tonights while we waited well then he decided to take the bus to gillet which is way up by casper agn so we were gna try to drive back up there and the sun was shining and all but the road was closed so we tryed to take an alternate route (never do that agn) well the road was clear the speed limit was 60 so were goin then boom all of a sudden snow and no road needless to say we broke a belt and there was no cell reception. cont.
    Anonymous

I pointed that out because I have never personally seen an act of Christianity from a Christian besides my self. The ones I have seen or interacted with are to self absorbed. Also you could learn from non Christians to by asking whant random acts of kindness they have experienced or witnessed.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 12:04 AM on Mar. 29, 2010

• back to my story well we were stranded out there in snow no cells miles from the nearest house when a truck with a marine pulls up behind us and trys to pull us out well that didnt work and he ended up getting stuck as well. lucky us though 2 suvs pull up and they took the 3 of us in and they decided to go forward in the snow that was kinda nerve racking well it took us 2hrs to go 15miles and we got stuck in the snow once the highway went from paved to dirt to a lil road along a fence but we made it to the next town and the gas station and our new lil marine friend called a friend to come and get the three of us and his friend put chains on the tires and we ended up going back by the fence to get some of our things and they took us to the hotel to wait for my SO. so luck they were so willing to help us....
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:07 AM on Mar. 29, 2010

• I pointed that out because I have never personally seen an act of Christianity from a Christian besides my self.

seriously???? Are you seriously saying you the ONLY Christian you know that performs acts of Christianity? Every Christian you know is self absorbed??? Really every single one of them...but of course not you.... LOL
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:17 AM on Mar. 29, 2010

• was mother Therese giving up her life and moving to Calcutta and all the sisters that opened hospitals doing it because they were self absorbed?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:18 AM on Mar. 29, 2010