Has anyone ever got ordained online ?

DH and i were talking today about people that have done this to help do weddings and so on and wondered all it would take and were shocked at how easy it would be upon doing indepth research.
Have you done this or what do you feel in general about this ?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:21 PM on Mar. 28, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Joey did on friends lol that is how he married two of his friends
    Anonymous

• I never knew there was such a thing until that friends episode either and until i checked thought it was made up.
    Anonymous

• I haven't but I know people who have. There is a church in Modesto, CA on 6th st that ordains people online.

JAIRATRACI

Answer by JAIRATRACI at 11:24 PM on Mar. 28, 2010

• Yup, I got ordained years ago online but then again I live in FL and you only have to be a Notary to legally marry people here.
    Anonymous

• Unfortunately, you can get any kind of degree online, even a DR. degree... would you want someone like that doctoring you??? My husband spent 4 yrs in Bible college to earn his degree. A ministry degree, or ordination comes with great responsibility, whether you earn it or not. If you want to put that kind of heavy responsibility on yourself when you're not called to that profession, & be a fake, you don't know what you're setting yourself up for.
    Anonymous

• I got ordained as a Pagan minister online. There is a responsibility along with being a member of the clergy of helping out the community. I visit fellow Pagans when they are in the hospital or sick at home. I have done Weddings, dedications, a celebration of birth. I have not done a Sending as of yet but I will if I am ever called upon. I don't make any money for my services. I do it to help bring together not only the Pagan community but those in need as well.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 11:55 PM on Mar. 28, 2010

• I am ordained as a Pagan minister as well. I have done hand fastings, advise fellow Pagans, and help ill people in the hospital, or when they call me to come over. I do it for free, and take it very seriously.
    NightPhoenix

Answer by NightPhoenix at 12:22 AM on Mar. 29, 2010

• OP HERE:All your answers have been additionally helpful.Love to hear from others as well since i find this very interesting.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:31 AM on Mar. 29, 2010

• My husbands best friend was ordained so he could marry us. It was perfect. Much better than having a judge or someone we didn't know.
    jcsscfam5

Answer by jcsscfam5 at 3:13 AM on Mar. 29, 2010

• I got ordained into the Church of Dudeism online...
    Laila-May

Answer by Laila-May at 3:15 AM on Mar. 29, 2010