I know I'll get bashed!

I got my 9 month old to go to bed without the boob tonight!!! I couldn't be more than thrilled, she is starting to wean :) She has never taken a bottle so this is a nice surprise ... When did your baby stop breastfeeding on their own?

kaylan010

Asked by kaylan010 at 11:23 PM on Mar. 28, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• dont know why you'll get bashed, you may just suffer in the end she may wake up a lot earlier then usual
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 11:25 PM on Mar. 28, 2010

• Mommy_of_two .. She'll get bashed by those "Breastfeed Only" mom's on CM. They never cease to fail to express their dislike of non-breastfeeding mom's. Even those who have and have since stopped.

It's great that she's starting to wean. If that's what you want, then all the best to you!
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 11:27 PM on Mar. 28, 2010

• i only breastfed for 3 weeks.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 11:29 PM on Mar. 28, 2010

• Breast is Best You should breastfeed until your nipples fall off!!!!!!
    Anyway... Anyway one night might be too soon to tell if your baby is weaning but it may be coming.
    Anonymous

• 20 months - she weaned because my supply dropped due to pregnancy.
    Heather2001

Answer by Heather2001 at 11:31 PM on Mar. 28, 2010

• I think eventually its nice to have your body back to yourself. Not to mention a simple pleasure like having a few more inches in your bed! :) I only BF for 6w, I regret letting it go but my son is a trooper & has been sleeping through the night since I gave it up & he sleeps 12hrs overnight.
    pinkcicle709

Answer by pinkcicle709 at 11:44 PM on Mar. 28, 2010

• My first didn't latch from the beginning. He got breast milk for 6 weeks.

My second weaned himself at 14 months which is when I got pregnant with my third.

My third stopped breastfeeding at 4 months when I dried up.

JAIRATRACI

Answer by JAIRATRACI at 11:45 PM on Mar. 28, 2010

• thats great. and since she has never had the bottle it would be a great time to introduce the sippy cup if you havent already done so.
    laura970

Answer by laura970 at 12:23 AM on Mar. 29, 2010

• Wheyver would you get bashed? Don't be silly. It was her choice. Good for you!

BUT BE AWARE...they're tricky! Now that you've published...she'll change it up on you. It's one of the corollaries of Murphy's Law...babies will make a liar of you!

Answer by gdiamante at 12:33 AM on Mar. 29, 2010

• Oh. And mine weaned at 26 months. Tricked me into thinking he was weaning at least once every two weeks from ten months on!

Answer by gdiamante at 12:34 AM on Mar. 29, 2010