About your significant other...

Do you ever feel like.. he's just never going to slow down and enjoy life with you? My bf of 2 years is emotionally unavailable.. I have tried everything to get through to him but he's just so pessimestic all the time.. I guess my question is, Do you ever feel like your partner is bringing you down too?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:02 AM on Mar. 29, 2010 in Relationships

• just tonight actually... i feel like he is someplace else. like he has stopped being the driven military man i married. tired of the drama. i am sooo there right now.
    NURSE_MOM_OF_2

Answer by NURSE_MOM_OF_2 at 12:05 AM on Mar. 29, 2010

• I've walked in those shoes...not with my current husband, though. My ex NEVER stopped to enjoy life with me.
    CnMe31

Answer by CnMe31 at 12:07 AM on Mar. 29, 2010

• my husband goes through spurts of depression. He has always struggled with this. We have been through really hard times where i was going through PPD or Post partum blues and my husband was so depressed he was having suicidal thoughts. We really needed eachother but were both so down that it was hard, thats when we had to rely on other people. For instance, our family, friends, counselors and prayer teams. It took a long time for my husband to gain hope again, I snapped out if it pretty quickly. When I did I commited myself on helping him through it. thats what we are there for. We made a vow for better and worse, and I was not about to leave him in any way when we was stuck deep in the pit!
    Precious333

Answer by Precious333 at 12:07 AM on Mar. 29, 2010

• i feel it all the time, he actually has made me more depressed then i ever have been, thats why our marriage is ending he brings me down all the time and refuses to work through are problems they come secondary to the things he wants to do
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 12:08 AM on Mar. 29, 2010

• btw I have never seen him so happy now :) I think he really needed that assurance from me :)
    Precious333

Answer by Precious333 at 12:08 AM on Mar. 29, 2010

• yup

Answer by admckenzie at 12:36 AM on Mar. 29, 2010

• I'm happy with mine...

If you see yours is bringing you down, I'd say time for a change. :D
    Skepticchick

Answer by Skepticchick at 1:09 AM on Mar. 29, 2010

• I guess my ex was sort of like that in the sense that he never wanted to enjoy life WITH ME. He never wanted to be a family with me and our two kids; he'd go out to bars with his brothers while I was stuck home all the time. If he ever made plans to even visit his parents for dinner or something like that and I didn't feel up to it he'd go alone and keep the kids with me (even if the reason I stayed home was because I was sick) because he simply didn't want to deal with being slowed down by two babies. He wasn't like that before we had kids, he is the one who wanted to start a family but when the family came he wasn't ready to enjoy the simple things like I was. Now I have a boyfriend who loves going out to the bars with friends with me beside him and if its during a time that I have my kids and his son is with his ex he doesn't feel trapped - he loves staying home with me and spending time with my kids.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:27 AM on Mar. 29, 2010

• My husband is amazing and hot (to me). No, I can't relate but for you, this doesn't sound healthy. You need a person that keeps pace with you and share the same important things. It's good you're noticing right now.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 1:50 AM on Mar. 29, 2010