moms of 3 youngins

My main gotta know is HOW DO YOU DO IT?!?!

I have a lil boy that is 3, a girl that is 8 months and my third is due early July. But with how my due dates tend to go, I'll be lucky if she is 1 before her sister is born. And I'm TERRIFIED! I already get so stressed out with just the two. I'm trying desperately to potty train my son before the baby gets here. But he refuses to poop in the potty! That gets me going. And my daughter is teething, so alot of that crying, and not much to do to help stuff going on, which makes me feel horrible. And I know its not their fault. With the pregnancy and everything else going on I'm just way over stressed and I blow up sometimes. Then I find myself crying cuz I just don't see how I'm going to do it with another one. Any wise words how to prepare for this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:12 AM on Mar. 29, 2010 in General Parenting

• Learn about contraceptives! :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:14 AM on Mar. 29, 2010

• you really cant, my daughter was 20 months when my son was born even though its a big difference its stll hard work. You just need to take it day by day and remember if you need a break just put the little ones in their cribs/bed shut the door and take a few minutes to yuorself to catch your breath and count down from ten. GOOG LUCK
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 12:18 AM on Mar. 29, 2010

• GOOD*
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 12:19 AM on Mar. 29, 2010

• Wow gee thanks for the smart ass remark! I'm actually looking for parenting advice. Which you can't offer apparently! I don't need advice on how not to have children. I know how it works, and I love having my children so close. Just was a lil worried. I will never understand why some women on here just wanna cause drama!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:20 AM on Mar. 29, 2010

• Thanks mom of two...I'll have to remember that
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:21 AM on Mar. 29, 2010

• Wow that 1st answer was pretty rude! If you are gonna be nasty why post it? I think its normal to get stressed, just take a breath & keep going. I have 2 and I love it! We are TTC#3 and sometimes with as "rough" as things get with 2 I cant imagine 3 of them. But its worth it, you just have to find some time for you.....I thought yeah right me time, I cant even pee in peace....But it really helps just to get out of the house (even grocery shopping) alone or with another adult.....someone who can relate more to you than Dora! LOL Just keep calm & if need be lock your self in the bathroom for a few minutes (assuming the kids are safe...duh...to those who will bi*ch about that) and have some me time!!! If you ever need to talk pm me.......And trust me every mama out there gets stressed out! NO ONE IS PERFECT!!!!!
    TAY-NATESMOM

Answer by TAY-NATESMOM at 12:25 AM on Mar. 29, 2010

• it will be ok. I was just like you I had all 3 right in a row. Really when you hit 3 its not so bad ( its kinda like whats one more)! I worried like you to ( I mean really bad I even called my doc and talked to him about abortion which I could never do) and was under alot of stress and a single mom at that but everything went great! Just breath hon and try to relax. You cant control the feature so take everything one day at a time. Good luck Ill be praying for ya

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:35 AM on Mar. 29, 2010

• Wanna know the secret???... Lean foward, here we go.... BREATHE!!!!! I'm sorry mommy but that is the secret in and of itself. Breathe. All mommys with that many kids close together get stressed. Heck, if you have more than one your a walking ball of stress. If you take a moment to yourself, breathe, calm down and re-think whats going on at that point in time. The key to making it through is to just breathe and know that this too shall pass, they'll have to sleep sometime LOL and then you can have piece and quiet. Even if for just a sec.

You can do this!! Because your a MOM and Moms ROCK!
    4xsthetrouble

Answer by 4xsthetrouble at 12:46 AM on Mar. 29, 2010

• Everyone already said it, take one day at a time and breathe! lol I had three in 33 months. My first two were the really close ones, 13 months, and then the last two are 20 months apart. There were days, especially after baby #3 came that I just wanted to scream but it all turned out well. My youngest is now almost 8 months and for the most part the house is pretty calm (as calm as it can be with two little boys running around all day, :-) Try not to stress about the little things. The house doesn't need to be perfect. As long as the kids are fed, clothed, diapers changed and happy then the day has been a success!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:46 AM on Mar. 29, 2010

• all i can say is not to schedule anything you don't have to until that new baby is a year old and can walk well. i raised 3 all by myself without any sitters until my oldest was 12 and it was hard. but if you can concentrate on the future you will be so much better off. this is all temporary and children do grow up and move on. my suggestion is to just keep life very simple and enjoy your home time, and spend most of your time at home. keep the kids off of tv during the day, off of sugar and caffeine and keep them busy busy busy. let them do whatever you do during the day and enjoy it. if you have help that is great but if you don't, just accept that fact that this is your life right now and it will be all about kids for quite awhile. getting up early, staying on schedule and go to bed early without others interfering in your day helps so much. GL!!

jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 8:08 AM on Mar. 29, 2010