while laying in bed at night bad heartburn and getting nasuas until i get up, help i need some sleep...

every night when i get into bed i get bad heartburn then i start getting nasuas, im 33 weeks preg with a toddler and i need my sleep, it stops when i get up...any ideas to help

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:33 AM on Mar. 29, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Don't lay flat and orange fanta killed my heartburn. Try it, you've got nothing to lose.
    LogansMama09

Answer by LogansMama09 at 12:35 AM on Mar. 29, 2010

• take some tums and try not to think about it and no laying on your stomach
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 12:37 AM on Mar. 29, 2010

• everything gave me horrible heart burn they had to prescribe prevacid dnt drink milk to soothe it either it can help right away but in the end it can possibly make it worse. i at one point had to sleep sitting up on the couch for a few weeks or i piled pillows and blankets in the corner of the bed to sit up/ gud luck.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:38 AM on Mar. 29, 2010

• you can tqake otc heartburn meds hon. talk to doc tomorrow and go get some. no need to suffer it wont hurt the baby at all.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 12:39 AM on Mar. 29, 2010

• i will try the orange fanta and the propping myself up thing, anything to get some sleep, but with this huge belly i cant lay down but on my side....
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:40 AM on Mar. 29, 2010

• i slept sitting up for at least 2 months while pregnant! It's awful but it immediately went away after I gave birth. Heartburn got worse for me on an empty stomache...maybe have a few crackers and water before going to bed?
    dbodani

Answer by dbodani at 12:56 AM on Mar. 29, 2010

• I slept on our couch the last month or 2 of pregnancy..
    we have big throw pillows.. I would take them and stack them like stairs ... it was SO COMFY!!! And you can sleep on your side easily.
    Even today I find myself doing my pillows like that! Good for stuffy nose too .. funny how you get clogged only when your flat!

MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 12:56 AM on Mar. 29, 2010

• prop up the head of your bed. And tums. Lots and lots of tums. Get the ones with the extra calcium.
    phantomphan

Answer by phantomphan at 12:57 AM on Mar. 29, 2010

• Milk is a base and actually calms the acids in your tummy - it works. Tums may help. If not, talk to your OB. I was on nexium during my last pregnancy and with this one due to extreme acid reflux.

Answer by missanc at 8:35 AM on Mar. 29, 2010

• I was on prescription Zantac 300mg, slept propped up on 3 pillows and then had another two - one behind my back and one supporting my belly and between my knees. I kept a bottle of Tums beside the bed and popped one or two when needed.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 9:47 AM on Mar. 29, 2010