how long before baby is here do i need to get things ready?

Scheduled c sec for may 11th...no bashing the c sec, its not my choice its for safety of the baby....but anyway i have the pack n play and cloths and stuff, but i dont know when i should get them ready, i could go into early labor any time from may 1st on.....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:44 AM on Mar. 29, 2010 in Pregnancy

• i say get things ready now. i was so unprepared for my son my due date was off my three weeks and he came early so i didnt have anything set. i didnt even have my bag packed for the hospital. for the next one ill be getting prepared extra early and hopefully be able to have a nursery set up.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:49 AM on Mar. 29, 2010

• They should all be ready now. You could go into early labor NOW. If you go into labor anytime 3 weeks before your due date you are NOT early.
    Anonymous

• I would start around the 1st. of April.
    jamesmommy12

Answer by jamesmommy12 at 12:49 AM on Mar. 29, 2010

• Why do you need a c-section?

I'm not bashing...the reason I ask is because if it's something that puts you at risk of preterm labor than it would be a good idea to be ready now.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:51 AM on Mar. 29, 2010

• Do it now. Then you can spend the last few weeks resting. So you don't have to go into the delivery feeling rushed and worrying that you don't have things ready to bring baby home in. It sucked bad enough putting the baby bed together 2 days after a vaginal delivery. I don't even want to think about what it would be like after a c section. And yes I know it will be more than 2 days...but still.
    phantomphan

Answer by phantomphan at 12:55 AM on Mar. 29, 2010

• just hang the clothes up, make sure the changing table is ready, the bassinet is ready, baby bath, got the soap, washclothes, burp rags, diaper and wipes, blankets and if you live pretty far from the hospital make sure your bag is ready. i never brought a bag for each kid, we lived around the corner from each hospital so dh would just run home and grab whatever when i was asleep. unless you plan on using the pack n play for naps in the living room or something during the day that's all you really need for the first month or so, babies don't do much but eat sleep poop and cry. you can have some play mats with toys hanging from it but they don't really do anything with them...you can have the crib but you won't be using that for at the most 4 months, unless you co sleep or something so don't worry about putting that up. dd's my 2nd and her room was storage room until she finally moved in her crib, still had boxes til the big bed
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 12:58 AM on Mar. 29, 2010

• I would say get ready now. There's no harm in being done too early and IF baby decides to come earlier, it will cause added stress to having a newborn. With our first, we planned on having her sleep in the PNP but she had other ideas. I would reccomend getting a bassinette for the baby to sleep in as opposed to the PNP. And I'd wash clothes a little at a time. I bought things for a while and when I had enough for load, I'd wash and hang them in the baby's closet. Congratulations and good luck!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:58 AM on Mar. 29, 2010