when is the census due?

i just found the census in the back of my husbands car. apparently he forgot all about it. anyway, i wanted to know when it was due & how to answer one of the questions. it says they want to count the number of people in the household who are living at the residence on april 1, 2010 (upcoming thursday). i'm due any time now and can have the baby any time from this point on, but also possibly after the 1st. do i wait until the 1st to complete & mail the census or is it due before then? help please.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:50 AM on Mar. 29, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I have the same problem! My duedate was Saturday. I'm going to wait a couple more days and mail it the 1st if I don't have the baby by then. Hopefully I have it by April 1 though
    lovepotato

Answer by lovepotato at 1:14 AM on Mar. 29, 2010

• Due April 1...sorry! Postmark it that day.

If you don't send it in on time, you're not going to be in trouble right away. You would probably get a visit from a census taker.

The trouble starts when you don't answer the census taker either.

Answer by gdiamante at 12:58 AM on Mar. 29, 2010

• if your baby is due/born after April 1st that ok just fill out as much as you can about the baby and someone at a later date will come back to get the missing information, just drop it in the box. if you have any other questions let me know i can help you the best i can.
    wife_mother1790

Answer by wife_mother1790 at 1:31 AM on Mar. 29, 2010

• They still have not sent me one yet.
    Natesmom507

Answer by Natesmom507 at 1:40 AM on Mar. 29, 2010

• Mail it on the 2nd after you know to include the baby or not.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:09 AM on Mar. 29, 2010

• I'm waiting to mail mine until after the 1st because it asks who is living at that address as of the 1st. So until that date, anything I say is speculation.

And, no, I'm not expecting a baby. I'm just being nit-picky.
    May-20

Answer by May-20 at 8:49 AM on Mar. 29, 2010