Christians, how do you celebrate Easter? The resurrection?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:56 AM on Mar. 29, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• We don't as a family celebrate it as a resurection. Dh is atheist so he just considers it fun for the kids. Kids do egg dying with us, and egg hunts, basket, all the fun things for kids. I skip two meals in remembrance spend an hour reading and reflecting on bible passages. Then we all go to my Grandmas where the kids are spoiled and Dh takes all the kids to the park with any other non-religious adults there. While us religious watch a movie about Jesus. Then as a family we go to the Easter pagant which is fun for the kids and dh sacrifices through it politely. Then we go to a carnival. Pretty fun actually.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 1:36 AM on Mar. 29, 2010

• Easter is another family celebration. We do dinner together & have fun with the kids.

I celebrate the Resurrection every day of my life. Because Jesus died on the cross and rose again, my sins are forgiven and I get to spend eternity in Heaven with Him Thank you Jesus!!
    WAganma56

Answer by WAganma56 at 4:34 AM on Mar. 29, 2010

• I do several things during Lent, I pray and fast. On Easter Sunday we go to church and get together with the rest of our family.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 6:21 AM on Mar. 29, 2010

• I don't celebrate Easter. I "celebrated" the death,burial and ressurection when I was baptized.
    Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 6:51 AM on Mar. 29, 2010

• we dont do easter with the eggs and bunnies, we do attend a memorial every year, it's the most important day of the year to me.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:23 AM on Mar. 29, 2010

• My boys are in their teens but when younger they know what the celebration was about however I also did easter baskets.

As of now I have no clue what I will be doing for Easter Sunday... going through a divorce so that changes things!
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 12:53 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• I am going to celebrate Passover the way the Messiah commanded us to. Yahweh bless
    Daphna28

Answer by Daphna28 at 3:54 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• I week prior go on a consecration, have footwashing and communion.
    ptomom678

Answer by ptomom678 at 6:58 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• We use the 40 days of Lent as mental and spirital preparation for Easter. I like Holy week. We attend Mass on Holy Thursday with the feet washing. We attend stations of the cross on Good Friday to recall Christ's suffering. My husband converted to Catholicism several years ago at the Easter Vigil and so we have a tradition of going together to the Easter Vigil Mass. It's very moving. Since we're visiting relatives the grandparents then take the kids to Easter Mass on Sunday and we make breakfast for them when they come back. And then we do family things - color easter eggs and then have egg rolling contests. And this year since there's work on Monday we'll be doing a long drive home after visiting relatives Sunday night.
    eringobrough

Answer by eringobrough at 8:36 PM on Mar. 29, 2010