Can you really get in trouble for not mailing in your census form?

Don't get me wrong I already sent mine in I was just wondering.

jamesmommy12

Asked by jamesmommy12 at 1:02 AM on Mar. 29, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• No you cant get in trouble for not mailing it in, even thought its in the Constitution. If you don't mail it in then someone, most likely from your neighborhood, will come knocking on your door and ask you to fill out the form. If you don't fill out the form your city/state may not get the funding or representation it needs due to population since most of the government spending is due to population. It only asks 10 questions based on who lives in the house, how old are they, race, and is the house owned, rented, etc. So fill it out and mail it back to help your state/city get what it needs. If you or anyone else has any questions feel free to message me, i can even tell you how to get a job with the Census Bureau. Hope i was able to help!
    wife_mother1790

Answer by wife_mother1790 at 1:27 AM on Mar. 29, 2010

• Nobody? lol.
    jamesmommy12

Answer by jamesmommy12 at 1:17 AM on Mar. 29, 2010

• Thanks. I have actually already mailed it.
    jamesmommy12

Answer by jamesmommy12 at 1:37 AM on Mar. 29, 2010

• no problem.
    wife_mother1790

Answer by wife_mother1790 at 1:42 AM on Mar. 29, 2010

• OH i forgot to add they cant release any of the information you gave until 70 years from now.
    wife_mother1790

Answer by wife_mother1790 at 1:43 AM on Mar. 29, 2010