your opinions needed, pack n play vs bssinett vs crib......

Pregnant nearing due date and would like other new moms opinion on this one, which worked better for you...With my first it was pack n play for a few months then he got moved to the crib in his own room.....what are your htoughts on each one....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:04 AM on Mar. 29, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I LOVE the pack n play...

The new versions are SO comfy, and usually have a diaper changer attached. Easy to take down and move. Inexpensive and look great in babies room :D
    Skepticchick

Answer by Skepticchick at 1:07 AM on Mar. 29, 2010

• both my kids were in the bassinet at night, took naps in the pack n play's bassinet that was attached to it, until they moved to the crib. when they moved to the crib they slept in there at nap and night.
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 1:07 AM on Mar. 29, 2010

• We have a pack and play, but I use that to take to the babysitter. I kept DD in a bassinet by my bed.She's 3 months old and just this week I've started her in her crib in the nusery.
    jedwards2009

Answer by jedwards2009 at 1:07 AM on Mar. 29, 2010

• I had the pack n play bassinet in our room for the first 2 or 3 months before going into the crib
    dbodani

Answer by dbodani at 1:07 AM on Mar. 29, 2010

• I went straight to the crib. But then, I lived in a studio and didn't need anything else.
    jamesmommy12

Answer by jamesmommy12 at 1:08 AM on Mar. 29, 2010

• Pack n play and crib.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 1:22 AM on Mar. 29, 2010

• Mine slept in her crib from day one, we have the pack n play in another room, and she sleeps there during the day most of the time.
    MashaLFR

Answer by MashaLFR at 2:31 AM on Mar. 29, 2010

• We have a pack n play and I only use it when we travel or to put her in a safe place if I need to do something quick. She's mobile now so I don't want her rolling off anything or the dogs getting after her. As far as sleeping, we moved the crib into our room the day we came home from the hospital and she's slept in there from the very beginning. She's 7.5 months old now and we're probably going to soon move the crib into her room.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 9:31 AM on Mar. 29, 2010

• i love our graco bassinet we got at a consignment store. my son slept in it for a few months, then moved to a crib in his own room. i loved having him close, and w/ the pack and play i would have had to bend down so low which would hurt my back. but i think now they have them to wear you have the extra accessory so you don' thave to bend so low?
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 12:16 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• I bought a great crib that has a co-sleeper option. It pushes up to the side of the bed and you just slide the baby into the crib and then when you want to nurse you just slide the baby into the bed with you then back. Once he outgrew waking much at night I closed the co-sleeper and I get up and grab him to nurse if he wakes up, which is very rare. It worked awesome for me. He naps in a pack n play.

Next in line I'd think would be a bassinet because the pack n plays tend not to keep newborns as happy for some reason. I think it has something to do with the fact that the bassinet thing on the pack n plays is a glorified hammock and not as comfortable for them. I've known several people with newborns that did not sleep much at all in the pack n play but once they got them in a real bassinet/crib slept better. You also need to swaddle the baby, and when older buy them a wearable blanket, that helps a ton!
    Anonymous