how do u keep kids from peeing the bed

i have a 5 and 7 year old who pea the bed every nite i have tried everything i know.willing to try anything

candy.will

Asked by candy.will at 1:11 AM on Mar. 29, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• I used to limit night fluids starting after dinner. I also woke them when I went to bed and made them pee---for months. It was worth it. Their bladder has to be strong enough and they need to be able to feel the sensation in their sleep to wake up. tough.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:20 AM on Mar. 29, 2010

• Some kids just haven't developed enough to not pee at night. Be patient, limit beverages and buy goodnites for them to wear.
    Anonymous

• My SD does the same thing. Her mother allows her to wear pull-ups every night. At our house I have noticed that she actually uses the bathroom in them before she even goes to sleep and in the mornings she doesn't even go for a long time. So her and I made a deal to help her. If she goes the whole weekend without going we will do something special with just her. It has worked quite a bit compared to how she used to be. I do make her go to the bathroom before the pull-up goes on and it doesn't go on until the tv gets turned off (so she doesn't get lazy with it), then I have my alarm set for 4am and I wake up and make her use the bathroom, then in the morning she is to go as soon as she wakes up. It has been successful for us and yes at times it isn't but her mother doesn't work with her much on it. I am the only one who is willing to wake her up. I have to say during the summer on the long visit me doing that she got into routin
    MommyB2010

Answer by MommyB2010 at 3:27 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• Have them checked out to make sure they don't have any medical issues that can be fixed first. Then just limit fluid intake a few hours before bed and make sure they go to the bathroom before bed. Pullups at night aren't a bad idea either.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 8:56 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• I wet the bed til I was 10, no joke, and there truly was nothing I could do to stop. My parents tried everything: drugs, alarms, the above advice, etc. One day, I just outgrew it. Please do not make your kids feel ashamed, they're not weak. It's a weird thing, but typically does not continue into the teen years.
    Anonymous