What do you get the guy who has it all? It's a 40th bday in France.

He is well educated, cultured, speaks six languages, owns an island, is very wealthy, has a family and blah, blah. In fact, he's a baron. He's just our friend but we want to do something nice/funny or something--but cannot attend the party. Any ideas at all????

jeanclaudia

Asked by jeanclaudia at 1:28 AM on Mar. 29, 2010 in Just for Fun

• something off the wall, a gift that has something to do with a joke between you, handmade, if you paint, a small painting, stuff like that. My parents are like that and I always had the hardest time finding a gift until I started making them things and they love it, it's from your heart and takes more time to think of/make. BTW, I'll take your place for the party if you cannot attend LOL. good luck.
    eblue3

Answer by eblue3 at 5:11 AM on Mar. 29, 2010

• a nice pen or tie or just take him out to dinner or buy some music
    IMAMOM2-2KIDS

Answer by IMAMOM2-2KIDS at 1:34 AM on Mar. 29, 2010

• I always pick out off the wall stuff for people that have everything (like my MIL and FIL.) One year I found this really heavy ceramic armadillo. The thing is huge, merry xmas Dad. Another time I got my grandmother a shotglass that had a really hot and buff guy with a loin cloth on it and when you lifted up the loincloth he had a little penis. Off the wall and not appropriate for everyone but she loved it. She said she was sick of getting earrings she would never wear and dish towels. Be fun, be funky, and be original. He will remember your gift and it will mean more to him. Maybe frame pictures of your kids art in really ornate frames or buy him a neat piggy bank. The skys the limit.
    LuvNMyBbs

Answer by LuvNMyBbs at 3:08 AM on Mar. 29, 2010

• Most rich people have a lot of things catered.... (one of the foster homes I lived in as a kid wasvery well to do) so just the idea of something homemade never enters their mind! So I would make him something, be it a couple dozen cookies, a scarf, picture frame, ect who knows that could end up being his favorite and best gift because it came your guys' hearts!
    mamabear8869

Answer by mamabear8869 at 3:54 AM on Mar. 29, 2010

• Great suggestions thanks!
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 2:02 PM on Mar. 29, 2010