Any opinion on Bum genius diapers?

Very interested in using cloth diapers for my 3rd baby (regret not doing it for the other 2). I just purchased a bum genius one size diaper. I like it but wanted to know some opinions on other brands. Also is the bum genius diaper sprayer a must have or a waste of money?

tklmom

Asked by tklmom at 1:47 AM on Mar. 29, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Around the house I use prefolds from Diaper Junction and Thirsties covers. When we go out I have a couple of Bum Genius, a couple Fuzzibunz, and a few from a WAHM. It took me awhile to like the Bum Genius. When the diaper was on the smaller settings, I thought it was a bit bulky, but we're on the largest setting and I'm liking it a lot more now. Other than being a bit bulky (which all cloth diapers are) I have not had any issues with them. The Fuzzibunz are a bit less bulky and I do like them a bit more. However, some people have a preference when it comes to snaps vs velcro. I don't really have a preference. My daughter is BF so I just put the poopy diapers in as they were. Solid poops - we're planning on just wiping it out into the toilet with a wad of toilet paper. I'm afraid the sprayer is just going to cause poop to spray all over.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 9:22 AM on Mar. 29, 2010

• I love the bum genius diapers! I have a collection of bum genius 3.0 and fuzzi bunz pocket diapers. We have been using them for 8 months and they are great.
    I have never used a sprayer. For the first 6 months, before they start solids, the poop just washes out in the washing machine. Once baby started solids the poop has been solid enough to just dump into the toilet without dunking or wiping. There were probably a few diapers when she first started solids that I needed to dunk, but not many.
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 11:24 AM on Mar. 29, 2010