what can i do for fever?

My son is 11mo and i just took his temp & he has a 101.1 fever. I gave him tylenol, is there anything else i can do to ease his discomfort & bring the fever down?

EthansMommy5

Asked by EthansMommy5 at 2:10 AM on Mar. 29, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• a luke warm bath...then put him to bed in light blankets
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 2:10 AM on Mar. 29, 2010

• Try motrin.
    Amanda7891

Answer by Amanda7891 at 2:12 AM on Mar. 29, 2010

• You don't want to do anything for a fever. The body raises it's temp so that germs can't grow as well. Bring down the temp and germs multiply.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 3:18 AM on Mar. 29, 2010

• A fever is anything ABOVE 101. Your son does NOT have a fever. His body is trying to fight something, possibly a persistent infection. If you give him a fever reducer at this point you will only upset his cytokine cells, and he will more than likely get sick.
    Only administer fever reducers above 103 degrees.
    bellaamore

Answer by bellaamore at 6:35 AM on Mar. 29, 2010

• my dd a little over 2 just had a fever of 101.9 a few weeks ago I called the doctor to ask them what to do because everyone was telling me that was high and to call the doctor or go to the ER I new it wasn't that high to take her in, but I called to aske what is considered a high temp. I told her I was giving her cool baths to bring down the fever and giving her tylenol. She achually told me not to give her baths or tylenol unless the child seems uncomfertable she said cause the fever is achually the bodys way to fight off any infection they might be getting. Hope I helped
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 8:13 AM on Mar. 29, 2010

• my sons temp remained 101 from midnight ALL day, i called his dr and they wanted to see him. So we took him this afternoon & he has no ear infections, but he does have ALOT of ulcer blisters on his throat =( *When he was a infant, he randomly started getting them on his throat, kinda like fever blisters/canker sores, and his dr doesnt know why. theres no meds for it, just have to let it run its corse.* So needless to say hes in alot of pain & has had a very rough day! Hes finally starting to eat & play a lil!
    EthansMommy5

Answer by EthansMommy5 at 10:14 PM on Mar. 29, 2010