iam trying to get pregnant so after sex should i clean out my vagina because if i dont cant it cause an infection?

I clean myself everytime i have sex to reduce risk of infection but doesnt that hurt my chances of having a baby?

CatlovesTravis

Asked by CatlovesTravis at 3:08 AM on Mar. 29, 2010 in Health

• Actually, yes cleaning does reduce chances.
    Wait at least 24 hours before sanitizing.
    May I recommend condoms for the last parts of sex?
    Could you consider oral sex?
    Hope I helped!

tasselpunk

Answer by tasselpunk at 3:10 AM on Mar. 29, 2010

• no of course not....you should only be washing the outer parts (labias, clit, exc) you should never clean the inside (douche) because you're body already cleans itself out and also it can cause infection
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 3:10 AM on Mar. 29, 2010

• Vaginas are self-cleaning. When you clean yours, your are upsetting the chemical balance and creating a perfed environment for an infection.

Answer by rkoloms at 5:52 AM on Mar. 29, 2010

• If you are worried about a UTI, then after sex go pee. Douching can cause infections. It disrupts the natural bacteria.
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 7:35 AM on Mar. 29, 2010

• How exactly do you "clean" your vagina? You should go pee after you have sex to reduce the risk of UTI.

You should not douche after sex...or any time for that matter. Vaginas clean themselves. Using douche only upsets the balance of natural bacteria.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:51 AM on Mar. 29, 2010

• Pee?... Yes, it reduces the chances of a UTI. However, as far as trying to concieve. NO. Cleaning out his sperm will reducee your chances. Wait at least 24 hours. Give his men time to march honey!!

Good luck
    4xsthetrouble

Answer by 4xsthetrouble at 9:30 AM on Mar. 29, 2010

• Semen will not cause an infection.Sperm was meant to be in there! I agree with the peeing before and after sex to avoid an UTI.
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 11:27 AM on Mar. 29, 2010

• STOP cleaning the vagina. You are cleaning out good bacteria and reducing your chances of getting pregnant. Why would you want to clean out the sperm you want in there fertilizing the egg?
    Anonymous