what is a troll ?

Ok, I keep hearing this on different posts "you're a troll" or "is this a troll" ?. What is it ? I kind of get it, I think. Is it someone who creeps around asking crazy, stupid questions and is not supposed to be on this site ? like a man ? Please someone let me in on this.lol. Thanks.

eblue3

Asked by eblue3 at 5:56 AM on Mar. 29, 2010 in About CafeMom

• "In Internet slang, a troll is someone who posts inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum, chat room or blog, with the primary intent of provoking other users into an emotional response or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion." Wikipedia... Basically just an annoying person that has WAY to much free time and not enough friends.
    Tf1990

Answer by Tf1990 at 6:19 AM on Mar. 29, 2010

• A perfect example: http://www.cafemom.com/answers/396102/To_those_who_believe_that_god_has_all_the_answers
    Oh and trolling will get you banned on here so I would not do what this person did because even if you are anon cafe mom knows who you are.
    Tf1990

Answer by Tf1990 at 6:29 AM on Mar. 29, 2010

• thanks ! people should really get a life.
    eblue3

Answer by eblue3 at 2:12 PM on Mar. 29, 2010