How do I fix my bad highlights?

Yesterday, I got foil highlights put into my medium brown hair, and I am not at all happy with the way it turned out. It's too light and way too ashy. I look like an old lady! I don't want to spend money to go back to the salon to get them fixed, so I'm wondering if there's anything I can do. I was thinking of maybe using a shampoo for brown hair or dying it with a semi-permanent hair color.

lovemydivas

Asked by lovemydivas at 6:55 AM on Mar. 29, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• I got highlights done once that turned out bad. They were supposed to be caramel, but they came out blond. I called the salon then next day and told them my problem and the had me come back in and were able to put something in my hair that fixed the highlights and made them caramel. They fixed it for free btw.
    jreneei

Answer by jreneei at 7:11 AM on Mar. 29, 2010

• I am a hairstylist and this would be such an easy fix but not something you should try to do yourself. youll end up damaging your hair more and taking away any type of deminsion you were trying to achieve in the first place. I'd either call them and just say my highlights turned out alot lighter then I really wanted, can i get this fixed...its a very easy process, and as a stylist...achieving lighter shades of blond is a hard thing to accomplish some times in darker hair and can come out orangey/brassy so the stylist prob assumed you were thrilled with your results being that they turned out so blond. all they have to do is deposit color back onto the blond without making it as dark as your original brown. you have the perfect canvas for them to do this on so i'd just call them, your hair is right where a stylist either leaves it alone for lighter shades, or tones it for darker highlights..so just call them! ;)
    Ilovemychi

Answer by Ilovemychi at 5:48 PM on Mar. 29, 2010