Two things, Im a little over 36 weeks pregnant and I just noticed my face is....

Swelling up, what could this be from? Like under my eyes are really puffy and just my whole face looks different to me. Also I have been walking around my house in so much pain almost as if I have something suck between my legs. Its my whole pelvic area that feel really bruised and its gotten worse the past several days to a week. My doctor wasnt going to start checking my cervix untill next monday but could I request it at my visit today to see if maybe thats why Im in so much pain down there?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:46 AM on Mar. 29, 2010 in Pregnancy

• If you tell him how you feel, he may decide to check you. It's very normal to get sore like that when esp. when the baby drops. As far as the face swelling, that is VERY normal. I have a very skinny friend, but with each pregnancy, her face gets very full/chubby lol. No worries mama, GL!
    jreneei

Answer by jreneei at 8:06 AM on Mar. 29, 2010

• I had the same thing happen to me. My nose was pg! I didn't recognize myself in the mirror bc my face had gotten so swollen..as far as the pain in your legs, you might want to check your BP and make sure it's not higher than usual! I had the same problem and my BP was through the roof. Better to be safe than sorrry.
    Kaydens_mommy06

Answer by Kaydens_mommy06 at 9:03 AM on Mar. 29, 2010

• Sounds normal to me :-), My face swells with all my pregnancies. Drink lots of water and don't eat alot of salty foods for a few day. That will help a little. As far as the pelvic pain, your baby is probably just getting in position for birth. As they drop lower in your uterus it will put alot of pressure on your pelvic bone. Good luck and Congratulations!!
    Jjoneslagrange

Answer by Jjoneslagrange at 9:04 AM on Mar. 29, 2010

• it sounds normal to me as well. i agree to try to eat healthy and drink plenty of water and rest when you can.

your doctor probably would check you but really knowing if you are dilated or not doesn't give you any really helpful info but if you must know for curiosity's sake...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:01 AM on Mar. 29, 2010